Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Thanks to POC - Group Buy on Blitz Exhaust...................

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2002, 10:45 AM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

POC

Thanks for arranging the group buy on the exhausts - I got it on Tuesday and put it on the car on Thursday.

I must say, I had a mongoose exhaust system for my P1 before I changed it for the Blitz. The mongoose was good, quite loud and made a difference on the performance.

But when I put the Blitz on, it was totally different! I even had to put the standard downpipe back on as the Blitz wouldn't match up with the Mongoose downpipe.

Loud is not the word - deafening is more like it! I park my car in my "Bat Cave" and the echo from it can shatter windows no probs.The drive is also different, it picked up much better and felt it had more torque.

So big thanks to POC and Jonathon at Grasshopper (I think?) for arranging all this, it has made me a happy man and can't stop grinning whenever I drive the car.

Cheers

Gordon

P.S. I noticed there was a "butt plug" supplied with the exhaust. Does anyone know if the exhaust is legal without it? i.e. too loud?
Old 12 July 2002, 10:57 AM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

Legal..... Who cares mate, if they don't pull you for that they'll get you for some thing just as petty, money grabbing gets

I've got the NUR Spec R and I've taken the Bung out mate, it's the nuts, the bung makes it sound like a nova in comparison LOL
Old 12 July 2002, 11:07 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Anytime Gordon!

Yup, BIG thanks to Johnny @ Grasshopper for sorting it all out for us.

As Stealth has said, run it with the bung out, it is totaly mental, the best sounding subaru exhaust by miles!!

Enjoy!

Paul

PS: I REALLY wish I had got one now I had one but it went on the EVO that I sold for the P1 ...... If anyone gets the blitz and isnt happy, I will gladly swop it for the brand new HKS Hiper that is now on the P1 (only because they didnt have the blitz in stock)
Old 12 July 2002, 11:58 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

What price did you guys pay? If you cant post it can you email me at simonc@uk.uu.net as I want to know if its worth holding out for another group buy as I wont be buying for a few months yet.

Simon
Old 12 July 2002, 12:49 PM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

P1fanatic

See POC - he'll sort you out. I missed out on the first group buy but managed to get into the second one. Never looked back since!