check it out

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2001, 07:44 PM
chaz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

yes its the novice again!

As the search for my 1st impreza continues, I need some advice on getting it looked at by someone who knows what they are looking at. I know the AA or RAC but they came and did a check on a car I was selling and lets say he was less than thorough. Obviously subaru wont come out, Could I book it in at a dealer? or would an independant be interested?

Any advice would be great.
I live in hertfordshire, close to M25
cheers
Old 11 June 2001, 08:16 PM
selims
Scooby Regular

Hi Chaz,

Where exactly do you live, you can't be that far from me?

I had the same quesries as you did about 2 months ago, and I wasn't happy to pay the £190 for the AA/RAC etc. Instead I spoke to the local subaru dealer near to where I bought the car (Bridlington - North Yorskhire...yes it was a long way to go for a car!!), the dealer did a thorough check on the car (Chapmans Subaru) and sent me a full report - all for £40, not much more than the price of an hours labour. I felt a lot happier knowing that the car was looked at by people who deal with subarus everyday, and it certainly cost less than an AA check.

Have you found anything yet or are you still looking?

I looked at quite a few cars, and it seemed that most of the time when I tried to get a car under book value etc they turned out to be mistreated, worn and in one case two cars put together (Sport shell + STi engine). Don't rush into anyhting the right car will come along. I also looked at a few that were for sale on the BBS and what was said about the car was always what I saw...their are some nice cars out their for good affordable prices, just don't jump into the first thing you see unless you are 100% sure.

Locally dealers to herts are Aylesbury and Enfield, their is also Scoobysport in Essex who might beable to help.

Happy hunting

Miles

P.S Make sure you have full Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser as a MINIMUM, because that is not enough to stop the little sh@ts from knicking it as I found out last wednesday!!!!

[This message has been edited by selims (edited 11 June 2001).]
Old 11 June 2001, 11:18 PM
chaz
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Cheers Miles

Im sorry to hear of your loss. f***ers.

I ve sent you I mail.

[This message has been edited by chaz (edited 12 June 2001).]