Sponsored by:

Ripping your car in Leicester

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2001, 05:36 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Is there any clear roads in Leicester where you can rip your car without attracting attention?

Cheers
Old 08 June 2001, 10:37 PM
NeilS
Scooby Regular

Question

Explain?
Old 08 June 2001, 10:39 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

ripping your car as in driving faster than normal.
Old 08 June 2001, 11:17 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Angry

Vinesh

By "faster than normal" and the Max Power type phrase 'ripping', I assume you are asking - "Where can I exceed a mandatory speed limit, putting my own life and the lives of others at risk, but without the risk of getting prosecuted by the Police?"

Get a life! Or if that was a moment of madness and you are a mature motoring enthusiast, BOOK A TRACK DAY!

TONY
Old 08 June 2001, 11:31 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Lightbulb

just rip up the 'foss' to Newark and wait to get pulled!

my m8 came up it one nite (nothing on the road) at 80ish in his TVR, saw car trying to catch up behind him (police Mondeo) took an age to get to him!!!! stopped him! told him he was doing over 90! a lie!
got off with a telling off! think cus they could not prove anything as he has slowed down a bit by the time the got to him.

Phil
Old 09 June 2001, 12:16 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I for one do not take a lot of notice of the current speed limits. Having said that i never speed in town/built up areas and i would be happy to ban any one caught speeding outside a school or such like.

My speed is based on the traffic levels road/weather conditions and my abilities (such as they are).

Quote -
By "faster than normal" and the Max Power type phrase 'ripping', I assume you are asking - "Where can I exceed a mandatory speed limit, putting my own life and the lives of others at risk, but without the risk of getting prosecuted by the Police?"

Get a life! Or if that was a moment of madness and you are a mature motoring enthusiast, BOOK A TRACK DAY!

Tony - bit harsh old chap, is it the content or the phrases he uses that you object to? Have you never exceeded the speed limit on the motorway/dual carriageway or ever had a 'blat' down a coutry lane. if your answer is 'no' then maybe you should think about getting a life, if the answer is 'yes' then that's a bit hypocritical is it not?

Vinesh - a track day is a good idea, cost £ 100-250.00 + Tyres (best to wait 'till yours are nearly worn out or talk nicely to Tyres Northampton or such like, who have been known to keep your old worn tyres in storage for just such an outing, brake pads, trackday insurance fuel and a helmet. so not cheap but still great fun, better and safer all round and you get to keep your licence.

Vinesh
Enjoy your car and keep it safe - keep an eye on the Midlands events section and come along sometime you will be very welcome

Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 09 June 2001).]
Old 09 June 2001, 12:59 AM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Talking

No offence intended, more of a rant of the terminology . Of course I have broken speed limits - every day, but I would not set myself up by condoning it on the BBS, that's all. Track days are by far the base way to 'let rip' in relative safety.

TONY
Old 09 June 2001, 10:35 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Ok mate - as a long suffering Leicester Lad heres a wicked route 4 ya!!

From Leic:
A5199 to Husbands Bosworth

A4303 HB to Mkt Harb

Now choice: Long or short route?

a) Long Route

B664 Mkt H to Uppingham

A6121 Upp to Bourne

A151/B676 Bourne Melton

A6006 (past A6) / B5324 Melton to A42 jun before Ashby

A511 to leic for a bit

A447 to Ibstock and then Barwell

A47 Barwell to Leic

b) Short Route

B6047 Mkt H to Melton Mowbray

Any route from MM to Leicester

The above roads are sacred biking / scooby roads.

Please dont act like a tw@t and fill it with Coppers for the rest of us. Keep to speed limit in the Villages (they complain to Fuzz, next week Fuzz set up speed traps and nab all us friendly bikers) and watch out on the B6047 for a green scooby that seems keen to follow you for 10 miles filming your driving for evidence later.

Enjoy and please have ago at this route - took me 10 mins to write down for ya!!

Jza
Old 09 June 2001, 11:10 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by tonybooth:
<B>Vinesh

"Where can I exceed a mandatory speed limit, putting my own life and the lives of others at risk, but without the risk of getting prosecuted by the Police?"

Get a life!

TONY[/quote]

Hmmmmmm, not sure If I agree with your attitude. Are you seriously suggesting that you have NEVER exceeded the speed limit EVER? Even if you have, does that give you the moral high ground to look down on him?
All he wants is a decent B road to cane his car down.
I am sure that you are aware that speed limits in this country are a JOKE. Police are moving the goalposts by setting lower and lower limits solely for the reason of revenue collection. I have no respect for speed limits whatsoever. If they were reasonable and set from the perspective of the driver then I would have respect for them. But when I see two miles of dead straight dual carriageway with no houses near it and it is set at 40mph and infested with cameras then my paitence is tried to the absolute limit.
Until the car hating brigade **** off and leave us alone then that opinion will not change.
It is about time they learnt that occasionally people ARE in a rush and if the car is capable then it is entirly reasonable go faster than the idiotic limit that has been set.
astraboy.
Old 09 June 2001, 12:02 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Why? Have you got your scoob now under your dad's insurance??
Old 09 June 2001, 01:06 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

TB,
Fair doos m8, I thought you might be one of the treehuggers. No offence intended.
astraboy.
Old 09 June 2001, 01:21 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Talking

astraboy

Believe me I hate 'Swampy' and all his friends too. Jeremy Clarkson is more on my wavelength

TONY
Old 09 June 2001, 05:35 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Vinesh
Any of the dual carriageways round Northampton are excellent for ripping, fast as you can now
Old 10 June 2001, 01:24 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

Thank u for the info, and I will keep the track day in mind.
Old 10 June 2001, 04:33 PM
N8THN
Scooby Regular

look at my thread "unmarked scooby cop car".

I think that after reading this you might think that a track day is probably the best option. I know that i do now. It is too easy to lose your liscence these days.

James......