Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 WRX :( Seats +++

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2001, 07:39 AM
visual
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here i am great car but the krap seats (sport seats)squeak all the time even after dealer attention (Krap Krap Krap) then worse still you may as well sit on a flat piece of timber when driving hard because your *** is all over the place. I had an MY00 great seats was told that the replacement seats for the 01 WRX IM screw up would be available in the spring , Oh yes !!! , okay so i presume that the seats will be swapped over by IM WRONG (should not have presumed pretty bloody stupid) now you do not want to know how much IM want for the correct seats that should have been in the car when it arrived. .
After much thought and considering that the paint is falling off faster than i can touch it up and the seats are KRAP with big capital K and that IM want silly money to resolve what i am told is there screw up !!
This car is great in so many ways BUT !!
The car will be going unless it is sorted by IM pronto.
God knows what will happen over the next 2 years as 99-01 cars feed themselves into customer surveys !! quality of build 7 - 10 seats 3-10 PAINTWORK 0-10
The Impreza is a great value for money package but at what price to put the KRAP right !!!!
Come on IM sort out the problem's this is not a dealer problem it is YOURS !!!.
Old 05 June 2001, 10:02 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting comments.

I too wanted the buckets - but didnt fit. As it happens i couldnt get the bucket seats anyway - if i waited id be just getting the car now.

I had the leather done - so i dont have the problems you do - my seats are really comfy. I hated the spandex material anyway!!! Couldnt live with it!!

I was also told id have to spend about £1k to get the buckets put in!!!!

I thought about the Prodrive seats but id still have that awful cloth on the rear seats so i went for Leather (about the same cost as the replacement seats!!!)

Cant recommend it enough - ups the interior to BMW standard IMHO.

Paint is crap - i caught a hose on the corner sill when washing the car and it scratched straight off!

I had a lady from NOP doing a Poll on my feelings about the car - and i told her id change the lights, paint and MPG!!! Agree that come JD Power they are going to get a beating. My dealers have been awful!!

She hinted that they were testing the waters for a UK STI.

Sorry your not enjoying the car. I love mine to bits and cant wait for the PPP once i cna actually get it done!!!

Jza