Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone from Staffs willing to help WRX owner?

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2001, 12:54 AM
steve170
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the check engine light isn't on, maybe you're reading an old fault.

Try resetting the ECU and see if it re-detects the fault.

Steve.
Old 30 May 2001, 11:02 AM
mul
Scooby Regular

Question

hi there,

i've discovered a ecu fault (23) on my MAF sensor. The nearest breakers is up t'north near macclesfield. Is anyone willing to let me use their MAF sensor to fault test against my car (shouldn't need to fit it to mine just plug it in) so that i know it is a faulty MAF sensor not just duff wiring.

Would seem a waste to drive all that way only to discover it wasn't the MAF sensor after all!

cheers

chris
Old 30 May 2001, 11:35 AM
Pob
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Is your car running like a dog? Is the check engine light constantly illuminated?
What is the MY of your car?
Do you have an induction kit fitted if so what type? It may be your wiring but I very much doubt it, MAF failures are fairly common, especially to later models with HKS/ Blitz induction kits. It may be worth removing and carefully cleaning the sensor, resetting the ecu and see what you get. If I remember rightly the sensors are about £295
Old 30 May 2001, 11:52 AM
mul
Scooby Regular

it doesn't run too badly until i really tharsh it, then it starts cutting fuel. The check light engine isn't on constantly but when i readthe ecu it tells me that its getting an error from the MAF sensor.

its a MY94 WRX with standard air filter so i don't know what has caused it. What is the best way to clean the MAF sensor - aren't they really delicate?

cheers

chris
Old 30 May 2001, 01:10 PM
Pob
Scooby Regular

By virtue that your car isn't running that bad until you cane it and the check engine light isn't on all the time tells me the MAF sensor isn't totally goosed. I would guess that it is just a bit dirty. The dirt I'm talking about may not even be visible. Use any form of electrical degreaser spray to try and clean it. The fact that your ECU has stored the fault does not mean that there is still a fault there. Any fault that it reads is stored until recalled and the ECU is reset. Have you tried a reset recently?

Alan