Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

£650 damge to my motor in a car park

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2002, 09:06 PM
ajw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leftmy evo 7 in a supermarket car park for about 1 hour- when I came back there was a dent in the boot from what looked like a trolley and a dent in the door with all the paint taken off.
It was a gut wrenching moment - I felt sick. Ive had it 10 months and not a scratch on it. People have no respect for other peoples property - I parked next to a old sierra - not doubt the owner clobbered my door - it was very windy that day. And as for the dent in the boot - I wonder whether it was deliberate - lot of jealous people around - Ive had people stick two fingers up at me when I drive past them etc - I was mad for days!
Old 22 June 2002, 09:19 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] This is the topic which makes my blood boil.

Totaly gutted for you.

I always try and park away from this danger but you always get some **** park next to you. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I have my own parking space at work with known workmates parking either side. A couple of weeks back work mate to the left is on holiday so all the riff raff is using his space, noticed a red 306 parked closed to me, by the time I had chance to go out it had gone leaving red paint on my door as well as a nice ding [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] . Why do people have no respect!!!! Luckily dent master sorted it for me.
I also know someone who has a 160000 mile, 12 year old Astra diesel Estate. He also has 4 kids and openly admits they all don't give a stuff when opening doors in car parks. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

It make me soooo angry [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Lee

Old 22 June 2002, 09:22 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Feel for you mate, my worst nightmare too.

Its an unfortunate sacrifice that owning a car that attracts attention, such as an EVO or Scoob, involves this sort of thing. They are unfortunately pricey to fix properly too. I heard of a Toad system that takes digital pics if triggered, and due to the mass paranoia I suffer with thinking about getting one...

The thing I hate most is going to the cinema, knowing its there for 2 hours with boy racers sizing it up. I watched the attention it got for about 15 mins the other day, people looking round it, in the windows etc..

Just wire the whole thing to a **** off live power source!

MB
Old 22 June 2002, 09:24 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just remembered, mate of a mate actually got hold of the CCTV from some supermarket and tracked down the person who drove into the car.

You get in serious **** from the rozzers for driving off IIRC.

MB
Old 22 June 2002, 09:34 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

It's this lousy jealousy ridden country, mates. Park a brill motor in USA, and everyone walks past it going "one day, I'll have one like that".
Park same motor in this island, and LOADS of peolple walk past it going " Why should that rich b*st*rd have one of those, when I haven't a chance of one? I'll teach the ****". And, of course, we all know the result, to our costs. Sad old island, innit?
Old 22 June 2002, 09:35 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good point about cctv.

As Electrical Engineer for surface operations I'm in charge of security for our site. We now have a carpark camera which just happens to have my parking space in the middle of the main shot.

Lee
Old 22 June 2002, 09:40 PM
Little Miss WRX

Angry

I hate that [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I have spent a total of £500 repairing my scoob from car park incidents [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I feel for you completely.

Michelle.

Trending Topics

Old 22 June 2002, 10:22 PM
C. Jay. k.
Scooby Regular

Angry

Only park in end spaces, reduces the chances by 50 % and alot of the time you can go that wee bit further away from the remaining menace.Quite often drive around & around till the right space is free, used to drive the ex bonkers , luckily the current is a car freak to , she's was easily educated!!
Old 22 June 2002, 10:28 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

i've got dents on the doors, after i gave it a good old polish today. Realised more than i thought...should of left it dirty!

I remember once upon a time, whilst sitting in my mum's car with my sister's then a old bugger went straight into us, no damage to the car really, just a scratch. He then parked and then got out as usual. ****.

Another time, i went to peugeot with my new car, and a capri came and parked next to me whilst i was walking out. He got out and slammed his door against mine, without apologising or nothing, When he got in the peugeot garage and i got in, my mate gave his a good old bash with the 106 door, th've got protective strips that stick out!

[Edited by HKSubaru - 6/22/2002 10:32:06 PM]
Old 22 June 2002, 10:29 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Its what disabled / parent and child spaces are made for. Bollox to the blouses who will attack me for saying it cos I dont care.
My car, my bill for de-denting.
astraboy.
Old 22 June 2002, 10:42 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

I know the feeling mate...

Had my spanking new UK300 all of 2 days. Left it in a car park around lunch time on a Sunday under a CCTV camera and headed across the road for a game of snooker.
The alarm's going off 20mins later so I run down. There's no-one in sight but the boot spoiler's hanging on only by the brake light cable
The police were summoned but couldn't give a toss.
"You've to expect that having a nice motor mate"....wan*ers
I popped into the shop with the CCTV camera the next morning hoping to get a shot of the muppets responsible but apparently the tapes run out late on Saturday night and no-one's there to change them
Old 22 June 2002, 10:42 PM
sebastian
Scooby Regular

Even if I park as far as poss from the supermarket entrance with no other motors in sight you can guarantee by the time you come out some ***** has parked right next to you. people are like sheep
Old 22 June 2002, 10:46 PM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 22 June 2002, 10:56 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Astraboy.

There is no law against parking in Parent and child spaces but you can be fined for parking in disabled bays even in a supermarket.

Edited to add having a disabled wife I can understand more than most how important disabled bays are to those that need them.
I would give up my car totaly, and use the bus, if it would return my wifes health. Don't use disabled bays to protect cars. Get your priorities in order.

Lee

[Edited by logiclee - 6/22/2002 11:01:59 PM]
Old 22 June 2002, 11:17 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

It's gutting to get back to your car in the supermarket car park and find it dinged.

However, this ding might amuse you. My elder stepson was 11 last December, and on his birthday we took him to the cinema with a few friends. Needing to take two cars to get everyone in, and because my wife had just got a new Elise (2 weeks before) I took him in the Elise while my wife drove behind in the Scoob. Pulled into adjacent parking spaces in the cinema car park; stepson throws the Elise door open, taking a bit of paint off the very end of the Lotus door and making an enormous ding in the Subaru's driver's door. I didn't berate him damaging both our cars because it was his birthday...

He is very careful now, though
Old 22 June 2002, 11:19 PM
kenneth
Scooby Newbie

same problem with my scooby. how much do dentmaster charge?
Old 23 June 2002, 12:36 AM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Have a deep dent on my Scoob's door from a car park incident. Didn't see a thing until I got back to the car. Usual £500 to fix, so I didn't do anything about it then, apart from being angry.

Took the car to Lincon last weekend, and during the journey, the dent seems to have been sucked out of the door!!!

Must have been hot or something - it looks a lot better, but still not perfect, and it was free...
Old 23 June 2002, 01:39 AM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

That's sickening to hear mate. My sympathies are with you.

Today when I came back to the car in halfords car park I noticed a black A-class merc parked ridiculously close to my car (and the car park was bloody empty). I ran up to my car as the driver was getting out of the merc and he missed it by a centimeter - I just looked at him. Wouldn't have been a pretty site if he had dented it.
Old 23 June 2002, 02:07 AM
saxovts2000
Scooby Regular

had the same sort of thing when I had my Pug 306 someone smashed the back off it up and then did a runner whilst it was parked in a car park and yes I did cry like a baby but at least I can admit it lol £1300 of damage thank you very much.

I tend to use my Rover 214 if I'm going shopping etc so it dont matter if that gets whacked
Old 23 June 2002, 02:36 AM
velryba
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that,
I know how you feel as well and if it makes any easier for you my damage was £2500 as someone made signatures all over the car

if I ever catch someone to do that again I'll beat them till I'll see a lot of blood on the ground and yes I truly mean that...
Old 23 June 2002, 01:24 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Careless *****!

Had exactly the same sorta damage.

Dentmaster took 11 dents out of my car after 18 months!

gotta deal.
Old 23 June 2002, 03:07 PM
tony jones
Scooby Regular

Just a point of law, the police would take no action at all if someone drove off after denting a car in a car park, it is private property and not subject to the laws of the road. The only redress would be the civil court and would frankly be a waste of time. Just a point of law, sorry.
Old 23 June 2002, 04:07 PM
broom5
Scooby Regular

Angry

feel the same as you guys
last week after falling out with someone at work, i return to my car to find a dent the size of a pear in the front wing. it has also creased it and quite simply could not of been done accidently as i got to work extra early just to get a prime spot.
the company simply says"parked at owners risk".
the tw@t who i fell out with knows i have no proof that it was him, and has denied it when confronted. (yeah,like i believe him))
ive now arranged to get a lift to work in the future.
the tw@t in question drives a car of no value, so he will be dealt with another way.
this makes my blood boil and ive even been thinking of selling the scoob and getting a cheap runabout instead.
pi55ed off dave.
Old 23 June 2002, 04:31 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

My policy - Avoid supermarkets at almost all costs. Never park next to a car with a baby seat in it. Never park next to cars bearing evidence of child passengers (parents allow kids to open and close doors themselves) Avoid parking next to cars with the drivers seat close to the wheel as the door needs to be opened further to get in and out. Old and/or poorly looked after cars as the owners dont give a s*** and probably feel the same way about others property as well
Sounds like I don't get out much doesn't it!
JohnD
Old 23 June 2002, 04:49 PM
dfullerton
Scooby Regular

Cool

Very true John
Old 23 June 2002, 05:04 PM
Bexlee
Scooby Regular

I am going to have JohnD's words of wisdom put on a sticker where the 'allow engine to idle...' sticker used to be on the old classic shape.
Old 25 June 2002, 07:53 PM
HYP1C
Scooby Regular

I had the same problemm on new STi7 ,damage down the door and f!!!!d wing .Total cost £468.00.
Some people have no *****!to admit what they have done,but just drive off thinking "nice car,they can afford it".
Cheers
Gary
Old 25 June 2002, 08:58 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

Angry

Some people just don't give a stuff about other people property

I was parked in bury st. edmunds town centre yesterday just outside marks and spencers waiting for someone when the car parked to my left leaves. A minute or so later an oldish jag parks in that spot and a 50? 60? something women tries to get out, I only really noticed because I could feel the car rock side to side as she bounced her door off my passenger door, she then wanders into marks and spencers without getting a ticker. I sit there and think "how rude! bashing the crap outta the side of my car with me sitting in it!", a couple of minutes previously I had noticed the traffic warden wander past and think to myself of pointing said traffic warden in the direction of her car, then decide I can't be arsed, friend should be here any minute.

About 1 minute before my friend arrived said women returns to her car, sure enough she starts bouncing off my passenger side again, so I wind down the window and in a *polite* voice say:
"would you mind not bouncing your door off my car" "there's not a lot of room" she replied, to which I said "if there isn't enough room you should have parked more to the other side of the space" to which I received the sophisticated reply "Oh **** off", she now in her car, slams her doors, backs out of the space and drives off.

So as I said some people just don't give a stuff about other people's property and I'm sure this is same sort of person who would moan about "the youth of today" :angry:
Old 25 June 2002, 09:41 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

Best thing I have bought for my car is some £40 side strips from Subaru. They are pretty scuffed after 2 months, so paid for themselves now!

MB
Old 25 June 2002, 10:58 PM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Angry

Same here! Tesco car park Bury (lancashire). Malicious. Key mark (or something sharp) high in the nearside front wing of my Type UK STi 7

Well pi$$ed off. Ready for this, in a parent and child spot. £329 to repair

Steve

Quick Reply: £650 damge to my motor in a car park