Sponsored by:

Focus RS - Ford&RSOC

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2001, 09:53 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I went to a pre- release preview of the Focus RS yesterday with my son,Chris. It was an invite from Ford to the RS owners club and took place at their Boreham (Nr. Chelmsford) facility. After coffee we looked around some of the historic competition Fords followed by a presentation of the main historical points of the RS marque, plus a questions & answer session. A photo-shoot, where all present could have their photo done next to the Focus (inc.a certain Scoob owner - well, I am an ex Ford man!) A really excellent buffet lunch rounded off a very usefull PR exercise by Ford, and there are to be a couple more of these around the country! The only dissapointing thing was the lack of any real info about the car, they will not quote power or performance figs., price or even release date other than 4th quarter. One thing is for sure though, they are still developing certain aspects, and as it is a limited run project (4000 total - less than 2000 for the UK) they obviously have to work to the "right first time" concept?
Make no mistake, this is a VERY nice car, a little understated but there is no mistaking what it is all about, and, at the end of the day Fords recognition of the RSOC and the fact that these people are the customer base for the car is refreshing, - and I didn`t even get an invite from my Subaru dealer to inspect the Bug Eye!! Do Subaru do this sort of thing in Japan? Well done Ford.
JohnD
Old 28 May 2001, 08:54 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the info says between 200 and 230bhp, front wheel drive, and a price of c23k and you thought the MY01 was overprived