Sponsored by:

Loaded STi 4 Type R - How much?

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2001, 08:12 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good friend is being forced to sell his pride and joy

Black STi4 type R, cJan 1999 reg'd, c25k miles, 17" wheels with SO2s, ECU/Exhaust/Induction Kit - dyno'd at over 320bhp. Over 2 grands worth of Serious stereo (he's an ex-record producer, now nightclub owner and knows his Music/Steroes ). Perimeter alarm and Gearstick deadlock fitted.

How much is it worth? Cost c28k, 3-4k spent on stereo/exhaust/ecu etc. I would have thought c15k??

.....and I guess finally, anyone interested?
Old 27 May 2001, 08:24 AM
Veracocha
Scooby Regular

There was a similar spec one on our S3 furum for sale about a month ago and the guy was asking for 13-14K for it. The only difference is that this one was a year older (1998).

So the price sounds about right to me.
Old 27 May 2001, 04:37 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Question

£12k on a bad day, £15k on a good day, all down to luck and finding a private punter. If the guy still has original bits it may be worth putting them back on, because unless the car is sold to an serious enthusiast these won't make the car worth any more. I am sure I saw an ad in Autotrader (in the northwest) for a STi4 in black, with 3?0bhp and 2k worth of hifi on gold 17", looked nice and I would almost be tempted but was looking to spend a little less than the £14k I believe was asked (was looking for a '97 STI or so to replace my old WRX).

Jon

(mail me if the price gets very low )