Free COC From Subaru Doesnt work on JDM

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2023, 12:22 PM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free COC From Subaru Doesnt work on JDM

Morning all,
Just a heads up that I tried the get the COC for my car via the Subaru dealer website and have had the following response this morning. Not sure where to go from here....

Thank You for contacting Subaru (UK) Ltd
I understand you are enquiring about a Certificate of Conformity or letter to prove emission standards for the ULEZ on your JDM Subaru, VIN: *********

I’m afraid your JDM vehicle does not hold a Euro Compliant emissions standard certification (an EEC Certificate of Conformity document), as CoC’s are only produced for vehicles originally destined for a European Market which are built and tuned to meet a Euro Compliance Status – eg Euro 3, 4, 5 etc.

Unfortunately, as your vehicle is a JDM Import, your vehicle is produced to Domestic Japanese Emissions Standards and no domestic emissions data is available to us from Subaru Japan.

The emissions data you request is just not available in any format that would be recognised by the DVLA/ULEZ.

I’m sorry we cannot help you further,
Old 20 February 2023, 03:15 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

This is going to cause so many people problems, this whole ULEZ thing, Before we know it there will be ULEZ all over the country, in every city, town and then village,

Old 20 February 2023, 03:30 PM
Hatch08
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by snakebite78
Morning all,
Just a heads up that I tried the get the COC for my car via the Subaru dealer website and have had the following response this morning. Not sure where to go from here....

Thank You for contacting Subaru (UK) Ltd
I understand you are enquiring about a Certificate of Conformity or letter to prove emission standards for the ULEZ on your JDM Subaru, VIN: *********

I’m afraid your JDM vehicle does not hold a Euro Compliant emissions standard certification (an EEC Certificate of Conformity document), as CoC’s are only produced for vehicles originally destined for a European Market which are built and tuned to meet a Euro Compliance Status – eg Euro 3, 4, 5 etc.

Unfortunately, as your vehicle is a JDM Import, your vehicle is produced to Domestic Japanese Emissions Standards and no domestic emissions data is available to us from Subaru Japan.

The emissions data you request is just not available in any format that would be recognised by the DVLA/ULEZ.

I’m sorry we cannot help you further,
That sounds like a massive F U from Subaru UK
Very helpful bunch as always
Old 20 February 2023, 03:38 PM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
This is going to cause so many people problems, this whole ULEZ thing, Before we know it there will be ULEZ all over the country, in every city, town and then village,
I know. I really dont know what to try next. I really dont want to sell but may not have an option.
Old 20 February 2023, 03:49 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

seems totally absurd that if you own an older 'non compliant' motorsycle you can simply visit a TFL aproved test centre https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com/ and have your vehicle checked / certified but if you happen to own a vehicle most likely to be compliant but without full paperwork you can simply get fCucked.......... ??

as for Subaru UK then to be fair then their claim that JDM cars do not have any EU emissions data makes sense as why would they and would need some more clarification to see what the home market requires ??
Old 20 February 2023, 05:39 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by stockcar
seems totally absurd that if you own an older 'non compliant' motorsycle you can simply visit a TFL aproved test centre https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com/ and have your vehicle checked / certified but if you happen to own a vehicle most likely to be compliant but without full paperwork you can simply get fCucked.......... ??

as for Subaru UK then to be fair then their claim that JDM cars do not have any EU emissions data makes sense as why would they and would need some more clarification to see what the home market requires ??
I said something similar in the other thread. Why can't you get your car tested and if it meets the required amount then it is exempt.
Old 21 February 2023, 08:06 AM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Mine is 06 jdm and it is Ulez compliant but higher tax bracket, looks like the ones with lower tax will need certificate.
Reading above how it is possible mine is ok? being jdm car it should not be.

Trending Topics

Old 21 February 2023, 09:40 AM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
Mine is 06 jdm and it is Ulez compliant but higher tax bracket, looks like the ones with lower tax will need certificate.
Reading above how it is possible mine is ok? being jdm car it should not be.
They seem to make it up as they go along. A scooby group I am a member of has people who have 2004 JDM's like mine and are showing as compliant. There are also people who have been contacted to say they are withdrawing their compliance. Its a farce! Lets hope Downing Street go ahead with what they are saying in the news and block Khan from implementing the extension.
Old 22 February 2023, 05:03 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-b1061403.html
The following users liked this post:
Old 22 February 2023, 05:18 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

It's not going to be blocked, too much has been spent preparing for it...that's just click bait.
Old 12 June 2023, 02:14 PM
RonaldCraig
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all for the info, I didn't know that before.
Spoiler

Last edited by RonaldCraig; 24 June 2023 at 09:36 AM.
The following users liked this post: