ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bugeye Prodrive style back from paint

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2022, 11:19 PM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Bugeye Prodrive style back from paint

Finally got the scooby all back together after the respray in our old job at msrt. Bit darker then Oem but couldn't be more happier, even had chance to raptor all the plastic bit before we put them on. Couldn't believe how thin the Oem paint but hopefully with some good clear coat sikkens superior it will last longer.

Now just need to find a club to go to shows with as the one we used to use can't seem to get the numbers any recommendations we are in South Wales

The following 7 users liked this post by Hawkins 1995:
1509joe, bunsofsteeeel, Dave Y, johno01, NOSSY_89, Russell38, ST-X and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 28 March 2022, 10:41 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Funny my blobeye is away for paint on the bonnet as after leaving it in to get detailed he said the paint was so thin there was no more room to buff it. There was actually a burn through from before I bought it (I never knew what the mark was) but we just assumed it had been machine polished too many times.
Old 28 March 2022, 01:33 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Wow that looks a proper job and expensive
Old 28 March 2022, 10:42 PM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Funny my blobeye is away for paint on the bonnet as after leaving it in to get detailed he said the paint was so thin there was no more room to buff it. There was actually a burn through from before I bought it (I never knew what the mark was) but we just assumed it had been machine polished too many times.
I thought the same dude but a couple of people have told us how thin the paint I had two burn though marks on ours was your mark right at the top of the bonnet on passenger side
The following users liked this post:
Old 28 March 2022, 10:45 PM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Wow that looks a proper job and expensive
It wasn't to bad but had a bit off as stripped it plus used to work there it was 2700 all in I could of had it cheaper but had waterbase paint and a nice clear coat sikkens superior clear

Hopefully she stays nice now as we spent 4600 all in on the body work in the end with getting all the welding done wings etc

​​​​
Old 28 March 2022, 11:34 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Hope my paint is cheaper. Well done on saving it, instead of breaking it. Just waiting for mine back now, then my other one odd going in for paint.
Old 28 March 2022, 11:39 PM
bunsofsteeeel
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice work, the morrettes look the nuts without the covers on like terminators eyes lol
Old 29 March 2022, 05:07 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Are you going to Caffeine and machine this Sunday??
Old 29 March 2022, 09:41 AM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Hope my paint is cheaper. Well done on saving it, instead of breaking it. Just waiting for mine back now, then my other one odd going in for paint.
Cheers dude put around 13k into this year with all the work been saving over the last 2 year. I'm just glad I got down the steel works when we did our last job was 10 pounds a hours so couldn't save anything which made us unsure to keep her or not at the time like

Yours will probably be cheaper dude ours had alot of stone chips etc plus the clear was 3x the price of normal
Old 29 March 2022, 09:42 AM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bunsofsteeeel
Nice work, the morrettes look the nuts without the covers on like terminators eyes lol
Haha cheers dude I was glad they started doing them again just in time for the respray ours came from the dealership with them on and they was always a shade out haha
The following users liked this post:
Old 29 March 2022, 09:43 AM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave Y
Are you going to Caffeine and machine this Sunday??
Its abit fair atm want to wait a full month for the paint to fully hardener before a long trip plus still need to do our wheels and brembo again haha
Old 29 March 2022, 11:32 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkins 1995
I thought the same dude but a couple of people have told us how thin the paint I had two burn though marks on ours was your mark right at the top of the bonnet on passenger side
Yeah the paint is very thin in my experience too... We managed to put a small burn through on the roof panel of mine the first time it was machine polished... Mine was a complete mess to be fair, so we had to be quite aggressive, but even so it was a bit of a bummer.

2700 for all that work doesn't sound too bad, though! I'm hoping to do all of the detachable bits in my shed once I get around to building it, and then having the roof and quarters done in a body shop (don't want to do it in the garage as it's attached to the house, and 2k fumes and all that...).

Old 29 March 2022, 10:51 PM
Hawkins 1995
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
Yeah the paint is very thin in my experience too... We managed to put a small burn through on the roof panel of mine the first time it was machine polished... Mine was a complete mess to be fair, so we had to be quite aggressive, but even so it was a bit of a bummer.

2700 for all that work doesn't sound too bad, though! I'm hoping to do all of the detachable bits in my shed once I get around to building it, and then having the roof and quarters done in a body shop (don't want to do it in the garage as it's attached to the house, and 2k fumes and all that...).
Haha that's fair enough dude it's bad enough spraying wheels haha.

I was happy with price as I know its had good clear plus paint etc just looking forward to giving her a good machine polish. The painter said sikkens is a really nice clear to polish so fingers crossed he's right haha