Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
View Poll Results: Are Subaru prices decreasing?
Yes i think they are
23.44%
No i don't think they are
62.50%
I don't know
14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Are Subaru prices decreasing?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2021, 10:04 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Are Subaru prices decreasing?

Just wondered if used Subaru prices are coming down again?
Guessing its not just the age of the cars thats made prices increase, but the lack of new cars due to pandemic has pushed most car prices up.
Just noticed alot of Subaru's being up forsale for awhile, and sellers dropping there prices, not sure if lack of demand or petrol prices that are slowing the price increase down.
Old 29 November 2021, 12:18 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

I was reading one of thee M2 facebook group threads that i used to use when i had my previous car, they were saying that their WBAC valuations had dropped quite a lot over the last couple weeks, i'm sure one person said it had dropped by a couple of grand.
Old 29 November 2021, 02:46 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Yea noticed 2 Type R's sell for under 10k, needed work of course. But see people listing Hawkeye WRX models for £7000 and there not selling and coming down in price.
Old 29 November 2021, 07:47 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

The price of petrol at the min is bound to be a factor too
Old 30 November 2021, 10:21 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I do feel they've started to soften.

I got my RA at a great price (going by today's prices) and my Evo9 at a horrible price

WBAC were offering £17K for my 3 series before COVID. Last check they were offering £22K.

I nearly talked myself into a B8.5 RS4 Avant, so have to honest, I'm kinda glad I didn't given the cost of fuel right now.
Old 30 November 2021, 01:42 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

Time of year always makes a difference as there are less people buying. Prices start to fall around September after people have had a summer holiday and are feeling the pinch before Xmas.
They rise again in March time and peak around May/June. The Japanese auction prices haven't really dropped which is a good indicator.

To be honest though, the really nice cars will always sell and for a premium. The low mileage or desirable limited edition cars have driven up the prices but there's plenty of rusty **** out there so I find it laughable when I see a WRX with moon mileage at anything over £5k.
Prices will probably go the way of the old fords now; there will be some iconic versions that will be maintained and increase in price and the rest will simply rot away.
Old 07 December 2021, 02:48 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Here we have a Tyre R for £17,000 not seen one for under £20,000 for a while.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275055391...kAAOSwQxhhrwOr
Old 07 December 2021, 03:04 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Think the rarer spec ones are decreasing in value like your type r, p1 etc but the bottom end of the table of cars like my bugeye wrx are picking up in price. Wbac offered £2600 for mine.
Old 07 December 2021, 08:28 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Yea but will they give you that?

Originally Posted by Bean1984
Think the rarer spec ones are decreasing in value like your type r, p1 etc but the bottom end of the table of cars like my bugeye wrx are picking up in price. Wbac offered £2600 for mine.
Old 07 December 2021, 08:31 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Yea but will they give you that?

Well considering it don't even have an engine at present I doubt it but it at least gives you an idea on what price you can get. Even if you knocked off £600 still ain't a bad price
Old 08 December 2021, 09:31 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

The ones that were way, way over the top will probably come down in price but that type r seems very cheap when you look at prices over the last few months. And they seem to be prices where cars were sold.

Have a look at this type r shell going back a few years a non rolling shell could be had for far less.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224721710...EAAOSweJ9hqMlZ

Old 02 June 2022, 11:12 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Surely fuel prices are now effecting them? Hawkeye STI £9,000

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295017941...8AAOSwHkNimM1t
Old 02 June 2022, 11:35 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Surely fuel prices are now effecting them? Hawkeye STI £9,000

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295017941...8AAOSwHkNimM1t
That car is a rotten non-runner. I’d say it’s well over priced! Check the mot history.
This is the biggest issue with the market right now, forget about bug, blob, hawk, etc. it’s about a cars condition. A decent shell and solid history is what I’d be looking for, not a cheap headline price.
The following users liked this post:
Old 03 June 2022, 12:21 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Good point, just seem so many newage WRX models for over £5,000, now been seeing them starting around £3,500.

Just wondered if there going to start coming down abit now.

Will check mot history.

Originally Posted by adam.pah
That car is a rotten non-runner. I’d say it’s well over priced! Check the mot history.
This is the biggest issue with the market right now, forget about bug, blob, hawk, etc. it’s about a cars condition. A decent shell and solid history is what I’d be looking for, not a cheap headline price.
Old 03 June 2022, 08:39 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

I think the amount of people buying these has dropped due to the current economic situation. That means that reducing the price below ‘market’ value still won’t necessarily get the car sold as there just aren’t people looking at them.

In my experience, most people that buy a WRX run it as a daily. I know several people that have STi’s as weekend or occasional cars and as they tighten their belts they can just not use them. If you’ve got one as a daily then it’s a fairly expensive car to run. So with people looking to reduce outgoings, the daily transport is one of the easiest ways to do it. Hence, not many buyers for a WRX at the moment.
Old 03 June 2022, 08:48 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I find I'm using my TDi Passat more and more these days.
My 2007 STi Hawk is £630 a year road tax, and V-Power at £1.90 a litre near me yesterday, it's really getting silly.

Frustrating though, as if I throw the towel in, then the government win. All the hard work on it, money spent on it etc....
Old 03 June 2022, 09:20 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

its quite fun to play “MOT check roulette” with cars marketed as “pristine” and similar superlatives 😆
Old 03 June 2022, 10:09 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
its quite fun to play “MOT check roulette” with cars marketed as “pristine” and similar superlatives 😆
First thing I check nowadays Henrik. It’s not always 100% but at least it lets you rule out the total lemons.

Last week I had a guy message me about px his skyline with my RA. Take a look at the MOT history of this peach! M837 UJL.

You can probably figure out what my response was!
The following 2 users liked this post by adam.pah:
Old 03 June 2022, 10:21 AM
Flat4x4-again
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
I find I'm using my TDi Passat more and more these days.
My 2007 STi Hawk is £630 a year road tax, and V-Power at £1.90 a litre near me yesterday, it's really getting silly.
Frustrating though, as if I throw the towel in, then the government win. All the hard work on it, money spent on it etc....
I finally traded in my Audi 3.0 TDi at £630 road tax for a 5 year old diesel electric V60 at £0 and charge it every night .
​​​​My classic Impreza is £300 tax but I find I'm hardly using it now.
Old 03 June 2022, 11:48 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Looks like I sold my hawk just before the balloon burst Lets hope I get the Levorg at a reduced price

Last edited by RobsyUK; 03 June 2022 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03 June 2022, 12:58 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

First thing I check nowadays Henrik. It’s not always 100% but at least it lets you rule out the total lemons.

Last week I had a guy message me about px his skyline with my RA. Take a look at the MOT history of this peach! M837 UJL.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Old 03 June 2022, 11:19 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

It's not always clear cut, I bought a classic free years back cheap as chips. Mot history was immaculate.

Both rear arches gone, strut turrets, sills. How it had been passing all these years I don't know.

Must of been leaving a few notes in the ashtray

Old 02 August 2022, 09:59 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

How are we feeling about these prices now?

I've seen a bunch of classics on facebook etc that make me think "wow, not massively overpriced anymore"... like 4-5k for something that at least doesn't visually look like a pile of poop...
Old 02 August 2022, 10:08 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I was thinking the same, seen a Blobeye just over 100,000 miles £4500.

And number of classic's needing work but starting from £2000. And better ones starting from £3500.

Mint ones will still stay high, but with high fuel prices and cost of living its had to take a hit on the used car prices, even if the cars are old now.

Originally Posted by Henrik
How are we feeling about these prices now?

I've seen a bunch of classics on facebook etc that make me think "wow, not massively overpriced anymore"... like 4-5k for something that at least doesn't visually look like a pile of poop...
Old 03 August 2022, 09:04 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

I expect near major cities , ULEZ compliant or not is having an impact too , most cars seem on the up , my Fsti have gained at least 5k£ each , lucky i bought them when i did 👍
Old 05 August 2022, 10:33 PM
bunsofsteeeel
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I’m thinking about selling my widetrack sti blob it needs afew bits doing I can’t decide whether to do the bits first or just sell it how it is, the market is odd at the moment so I will have to have a good look at what these are actually selling for I guess.
Old 06 August 2022, 10:50 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I think mint ones are finding there way into dealers hands and going for silly money. Widetracks seem to be going anywhere from £9,000 upwards.

Seen a few breakers selling them on rather than breaking them, so not sure if that's due to less demand for parts or higher value in complete car. Lower fuel prices will help prices and cost of living will lower prices, so should balance things out abit.

What needs doing?

Originally Posted by bunsofsteeeel
I’m thinking about selling my widetrack sti blob it needs afew bits doing I can’t decide whether to do the bits first or just sell it how it is, the market is odd at the moment so I will have to have a good look at what these are actually selling for I guess.
Old 06 August 2022, 04:26 PM
bunsofsteeeel
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I think mint ones are finding there way into dealers hands and going for silly money. Widetracks seem to be going anywhere from £9,000 upwards.

Seen a few breakers selling them on rather than breaking them, so not sure if that's due to less demand for parts or higher value in complete car. Lower fuel prices will help prices and cost of living will lower prices, so should balance things out abit.

What needs doing?
I’ve seen dealers putting silly prices on them, the car needs afew jobs doing nothing mechanical that’s all good and it’s not a rust box which is the most important bit.
Old 06 August 2022, 04:51 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

There’s lots of overpriced tripe on eBay which will never sell, from my recent experience of selling my car on eBay....80% are time wasters and 20% are genuine people who are after a well looked after blobeye...I put my car at the high end of the spectrum simply because I don’t need to sell and I can ask what I want for it. It’s nice knowing that there are enthusiasts out there who want a looked after uk car. Believe it or not, not everyone wants a jdm...Subarus are renown for there Subaru rumble ✊
Old 06 August 2022, 06:58 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

So did you sell then? Auctions on eBay are only any good off your just wanting rid of something. I look for bargains more than anything. Sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't.

Originally Posted by johno01
There’s lots of overpriced tripe on eBay which will never sell, from my recent experience of selling my car on eBay....80% are time wasters and 20% are genuine people who are after a well looked after blobeye...I put my car at the high end of the spectrum simply because I don’t need to sell and I can ask what I want for it. It’s nice knowing that there are enthusiasts out there who want a looked after uk car. Believe it or not, not everyone wants a jdm...Subarus are renown for there Subaru rumble ✊

Quick Reply: Are Subaru prices decreasing?