Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2021, 12:20 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts
Default what's it worth (sorry)

*NOT SELLING, BUT JUST THINKING ABOUT IT*

With prices being all over the shop when looking at ebay, pistonheads etc, what would something like my blob be worth?

Brief spec is:

- 1 owner, 47k miles, blue blob WRX (2003).
- No rust, as it's been garaged and not driven for 75% of its life, however there are various scratches etc on the bodywork, as expected from an 18 year old car (plus it's been a track day toy too).
- interior is missing various bits, as I had a full cage at some point. Now only half a cage, and there's a dash, doorcards, mats, heater etc, but no aircon. Main thing that is missing IMO is the roof liner.
- STI front seats with normal seatbelts

Mods:

- 2.1 engine (paul finch build, using my supplied wiseco pistons and k1 rods), on an open deck block, back in 2018. Probably less than 2000 miles since build, and only one trackday
- PPG straight cut gearbox - favourite part of the car
- k-sport front brakes
- hybrid billet td04hl (approx 320-330'ish HP), blue injectors, pump, STI intercooler+undertray etc
- ported exhaust manifold + decat up-pipe, afterburner sports cat DP + milltek backbox (the backbox now rattles due to lose baffles).
- coilovers + 22mm rear arb + droplinks.
- federal 595rs tyres in reasonable nick

I don't want to break it... I don't have the time, nor would I want to... I've had the car since 2003, so I don't think I can bring myself to breaking it

I've started getting into a bit of scuba diving now, and storing all the gear that goes with it in the saloon is just annoying, and I can't use the boot to kit up etc, so thinking of getting a wagon instead, or maybe even a forester... I'm just not sure I'd be able to sell the car and buy something equivalent in estate-form... particularly the estates seem to be high mileage, with rust etc etc, which scares me a bit, as I can't weld in my new garage .

Old 01 September 2021, 02:12 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Why not buy a shell or blown engine and swap your bits over. Do a saloon body wagon or something.

Scuba diving is expensive but if you're not using/enjoying the car then get rid.
Old 01 September 2021, 02:45 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Problem is time, really.

In the last 4 months, I've managed to spend about 2 hours on car stuff (not even mis-calculating, unfortunately), which means that doing a swap like that is almost impossible to achieve, although I would really fancy a sleeper estate.
Old 01 September 2021, 02:51 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

A project like that will take time mate. I don't blame you.

Not sure on value but I'm throwing £10k out there. All the best mate
The following users liked this post:
Old 01 September 2021, 08:32 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Is it more track car or road car? I'd say £7k.

Probably get a PPP Wagon for £4k. Leaves plenty left for any remedial bodywork and maintenance. Depends how far you want to go with brakes, suspension, engine etc. But I guess you can just address those as and when you have time/money. Maybe also consider a Legacy?
The following users liked this post: