Sponsored by:

Webuyanycar offering strong money

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2021, 01:38 PM
TBagz
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Webuyanycar offering strong money

Was just told that webuyanycar are offering very high prices for cars at the moment. Just got a quote out of curiosity for my 2003 WRX with 96k on the clock and got offered £3800 for it! Useful for anyone trying to get rid of a **** heap or rust bucket

Old 11 August 2021, 03:01 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

They won't pay that for a rust bucket though. That's the price assuming it's in A1 condition unless otherwise stated.
Old 11 August 2021, 03:22 PM
TBagz
Scooby Regular

i looked at the "damage and assumptions" thingy and it just said it was assuming no accident damage, 2 keys, 6 months mot, running etc. but yeah i wouldnt be that surprised if they tried haggling you down on arrival. It is still however a waaaaay higher starting offer than they ever used to give, it's only £700 short of what i paid for the car and that was 4,000 miles ago.

Maybe rust bucket is the wrong expression, I guess its more if you have a car with a known expensive issue that your conscience would prevent you from flogging to a real human but one that the WBAC inspection lackeys wouldnt notice (like an intermittent fault or rot that's not immediately visibile...because it's hidden by filler and underseal lol). I'd certainly be giving it a go if my car had any issues i didnt want to shell out for and way better than trading in or selling to a human (if you have a conscience... but not so much you don't mind screwing over a big company lol)

Last edited by TBagz; 11 August 2021 at 03:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old 11 August 2021, 05:27 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I don't know how they are now, but my mate offered me his Saxo VTR he had while in between Civic type's, they offered him think around £850 and said i could have it for that, by the time they come look at it, the offer dropped to £650 from what i remember. Why are you selling it?
Old 11 August 2021, 06:44 PM
scooobydont
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Prices are indeed going up. I have berlingo van ( 14plate, 49k) that I am not selling but was curious what they would offer, it's gone up 1k in 3months. £4300 to £5350. There are a few threads on other petrol head sites reporting the same. Manufacturers are struggling to produce new cars, 2nd hand value has risen, it's a waterfall effect (apparently).
Old 11 August 2021, 07:41 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The problem is in reality you are not screwing over a big company but more than likely a single business owner / small company who will buy the car from the auction and spend a fortune repairing it or sell at a loss. The only one making the easy money is the webuy company and the auction that sells it who are one of the same !
The following users liked this post:
Old 11 August 2021, 10:39 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Yea my mate paid 10k for his van and has now been offered a few grand more than he paid for it a year ago with an extra 10miles on it.

Originally Posted by scooobydont
Prices are indeed going up. I have berlingo van ( 14plate, 49k) that I am not selling but was curious what they would offer, it's gone up 1k in 3months. £4300 to £5350. There are a few threads on other petrol head sites reporting the same. Manufacturers are struggling to produce new cars, 2nd hand value has risen, it's a waterfall effect (apparently).

Trending Topics

Old 12 August 2021, 02:56 PM
TBagz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
I don't know how they are now, but my mate offered me his Saxo VTR he had while in between Civic type's, they offered him think around £850 and said i could have it for that, by the time they come look at it, the offer dropped to £650 from what i remember. Why are you selling it?
I'm not selling it, was just bored at work so had a look. I probbaly should be becuase my gearbox now needs a strip down and repair lol, gotten quite attached to this one though and im fed up of changing cars (im 33 and on my 14th car lol).
Old 12 August 2021, 02:59 PM
TBagz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RAF1
The problem is in reality you are not screwing over a big company but more than likely a single business owner / small company who will buy the car from the auction and spend a fortune repairing it or sell at a loss. The only one making the easy money is the webuy company and the auction that sells it who are one of the same !
in reality reality, the small business owner would just flog it to some idiot like me anyway so it would be an indivdual getting screwed in the end. bit less guilt though, kind of like eating chicken from kfc rather than battery raising a chicken in questionable conditions, murdering it, tearing out its guts and feathers and then eating it. webuyany car are basically kfc.
Old 13 August 2021, 09:10 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checked the sight earlier this week and they offered me £9,200 for my Blobeye STI so I would expect at least £10,500 private.