Sponsored by:

CarFest 2021

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2021, 06:34 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts
Default CarFest 2021

Hi all, was debating whether to take myself and my son to CarFest this weekend....£80 odd pound for a adult ticket!! I understand it’s going to a good cause but I already pay to good causes every month....decided to leave it as there’s no track action which my son would like. Can’t be arsed walking around for hours on end for entertainment, The little man will be bored after a hour...£80 for a ticket though...bad that

Last edited by johno01; 24 July 2021 at 06:36 PM.
Old 24 July 2021, 07:34 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Maybe events like this could set a minimum price of perhaps £30 per adult, but set no maximum.
That way more people would go, and they'd probably generate more ticket money.

Yes, a great cause I'm sure, but in the current climate, I think £80+ is very steep....charge less, get more people attending.
The following users liked this post:
Old 24 July 2021, 08:30 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

I saw and looked into it a bit more. and then realised a person from work (lets just leave it at that lol) went to this. At first thought it was a bit strange due to him not being a car person in any way shape or form. But the way he described it sounded more like a festival with camping and rides, plus loads of food and drink. It then didn't sound like the focus was on cars so much if that makes sense.

After knowing the person he was it puts me off because I wouldn't even count myself as a work colleague when talking about him lol. Had he not gone I would have looked into it more. Might sound stupid but the guy just annoys me.

Don't be put off by what I'm saying because I've never been. Just don't expect it to be something like the other Car focused shows, think you're meant to camp over night too. (positives and negatives depending on what way you look at it and what you want from it)

You can donate to the charities directly and don't forget to add gift aid. Do not use Just Giving, they are a for profit business that takes a large cut and charges charities to be on their platform. Something a lot of people do not realise. I didn't until recently.

The following users liked this post: