Sponsored by:

Blobeye or Hawkeye? Sti or wrx?

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2021, 11:37 PM
Azzi
Scooby Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blobeye or Hawkeye? Sti or wrx?

Hi all I’m new to the site and new to the scooby world in general you’ll have to bear with me 😅

im finally at the point in life where I can afford my dream car which came true two weeks ago. I live in South Wales and bought a Hawkeye wrx sti from a garage in gillingham because of the distance I had the car delivered and boy was that a big mistake! The garage miss sold me on a bunch of things, sold with a full service history, receipts for all mods etc. Should of knew £11,000 with 71k and all the mods it had was too good to be true!

when it arrived was dirty, next to no receipts and only two stamps in the book which was both from this year!😬 drove for about 30 miles through the day and bang! The engine seized up 🤦🏻 Put it in a local garage to me and sat on it for a day I’ve now requested for my money back and haven’t been in contact with the garage as I don’t want anything to do with it all!

anyway that’s just a brief insight of my experience so far!😅 although I’m not going to let that this hearten me! It did cross my mind to maybe go for something else but this is the car I’ve dreamed about ever since playing Colin McRae dirt on the Xbox when I was a kid! Haha

now I know it’s each to there own but what would be more recommended for a new time owner a blob eye or a Hawkeye? I prefer to the look of the Hawkeye but then I hear the 2L in the blob eyes much more reliable? ( I have read the differences, watched YouTube videos etc but trust me I’m no mechanic so half the stuff goes in one year straight out of the other lol)

again with the wrx or sti, at this present time the stis I’m looking at are approx 6k more than the wrx. Is the sti worth that much more? I mean you could do a lot with 6k! Which is one of the things I’m thinking about the most at the moment, it’s a lot easier to get a factory standard wrx than it is sti that way I know everything’s that’s been done and properly

in terms of plans with the car I’m more than willing to spend the cash to get it looking how I want, which I know is a lot!😅

in terms of tuning it will be something I’ll be looking at further down the line, I mean who dosent want it to be as fast as possible right?😅 the one I bought was at 342 bhp and it felt like a missile! (Bearing in mind my previous car was a Audi A4 b7 which was the fastest car I’ve had at 167 bhp! Haha) but if I’m honest I’m more interested in the cosmetic side for now 😁

also have much is mileage a factor when buying? I know nothing to crazy but is there a limit you’d kind of set when buying, 100k? 125k? Or even less than that? Or does it not matter to much just more important for the service history etc.
i mean my Audi just ticked over 150k and in 2 years didn’t have a single problem!

Again I’m new to this whole scooby world so apology's if I sound like a complete beginner! 😅
many tips, tricks or experiences on buying these cars would be hugely appreciated!😁😁