Sponsored by:

2003 JDM Centre pipe

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2020, 10:01 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2003 JDM Centre pipe

I haven't picked up my new Blobeye yet so can't measure but I want to have my exhaust here ready for when it does turn up. Can someone with a JDM blobeye let me know the diameter of the centre section.

I'm ordering the Afterburner raptor and it says it's a direct replacement for the UK models, just wondered if I required anything else to make it fit? It says it's a 2.5" centre section online.

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/pro...oducts_id=3362

Thank you
Old 13 June 2020, 10:52 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Second paragraph down says it reduces to 2-5” where it meets centre section. I replaced the entire system on my 2003 JDM Blob for a 3” straight through. The system that came off was 2.5”. I cannot confirm it was the original system though. All things seem to suggest 2.5” normally. You could check a few other reputable suppliers, if they all say similar to RCM then I guess it would confirm. I can’t measure mine as currently in a different location. Are you not tempted to go 3”? It could become restrictive at a later date if you do decide mod it. I know you said on your other thread you didn’t intend on modding but your spending the money anyway.
Old 13 June 2020, 10:59 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R666ORY+1

Second paragraph down says it reduces to 2-5” where it meets centre section. I replaced the entire system on my 2003 JDM Blob for a 3” straight through. The system that came off was 2.5”. I cannot confirm it was the original system though. All things seem to suggest 2.5” normally. You could check a few other reputable suppliers, if they all say similar to RCM then I guess it would confirm. I can’t measure mine as currently in a different location. Are you not tempted to go 3”? It could become restrictive at a later date if you do decide mod it. I know you said on your other thread you didn’t intend on modding but your spending the money anyway.
That's perfect thank you!

I should have said no modding except for exhaust!
Old 14 June 2020, 06:01 PM
johnoggy
Scooby Regular

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Just a question,, if i changed just my center section for a straight through would i have to get car mapped, also same question for if i changed for a full cat back just like Matt is getting,,
sorry for the hijack Matt,
Old 14 June 2020, 06:16 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnoggy
Just a question,, if i changed just my center section for a straight through would i have to get car mapped, also same question for if i changed for a full cat back just like Matt is getting,,
sorry for the hijack Matt,
Id like to know too so crack on mate 😂