Sponsored by:

Gtechniq C4

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2020, 03:16 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Gtechniq C4

Applied this to all the plastic trim of my cars exterior. Am very impressed. A few pics of the mirrors and the scuttle panel. They were very weathered after the car being in Spain for the last 4 years. Am very impressed.

Is supposed to last up to 2 years - only time will tell.

Scuttle panel before

Also sanded and painted the wiper arms.
Ade

Last edited by ade_sti; 17 May 2020 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Before photo added
The following users liked this post:
Old 17 May 2020, 03:25 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Looks very nice indeed, nice deep subtle finish - unlike a lot of trim stuff that looks awful and washes off after the first wash.
C4 is next on my detailing shopping list and will do my Spec D and Passat trims with one bottle hopefully.

Here's my write up on C5 Wheel Armour if you've not seen it already, another brilliant GTechniq product :

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...r-applied.html
The following users liked this post:
Old 17 May 2020, 03:36 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Cheers - your wheels look good. Do you you the whole wheel (inside) or just the face?
Old 17 May 2020, 03:41 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ade_sti
Cheers - your wheels look good. Do you you the whole wheel (inside) or just the face?
Thank you. I did the whole wheel as they needed a good deep clean so they came off for a proper job.
You only get 4 applicators in the box, I would get some more as 4 isn't enough - it would be if you were just doing the face of the wheels I guess.
Old 17 May 2020, 05:21 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Thanks. I need that for my trim
Old 17 May 2020, 10:02 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

i bought a maintenance kit, window & C4 for £83, From AGW to replace the dregs of kits bought previously 20years.

ive heard good reports.

Tony
Old 18 May 2020, 12:13 PM
mbwoy84
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D

Here's my write up on C5 Wheel Armour if you've not seen it already, another brilliant GTechniq product :

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...r-applied.html
That's not strictly true. C5 isn't another brilliant GTechniq product, as it's 99.9% exactly the same product as C4 and C1. The only different being the "Hardener" additive in them being minutely different so the curing rates are different by a matter of seconds to suit different applications, then just packaged differently for ease of use and clarity.

I speak as a GTechniq reseller, but yes it's a brilliant product. Also, for those who don't know there is no better sealant for your headlights than C4. Once you've polished them up, any original UV protection will be gone, so they can fade/turn yellowish again without a good sealant on top. C4 is perfect for that and can last years with a reasonable level of care.

Last edited by mbwoy84; 18 May 2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 18 May 2020, 05:58 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mbwoy84
That's not strictly true. C5 isn't another brilliant GTechniq product, as it's 99.9% exactly the same product as C4 and C1. The only different being the "Hardener" additive in them being minutely different so the curing rates are different by a matter of seconds to suit different applications, then just packaged differently for ease of use and clarity.

I speak as a GTechniq reseller, but yes it's a brilliant product. Also, for those who don't know there is no better sealant for your headlights than C4. Once you've polished them up, any original UV protection will be gone, so they can fade/turn yellowish again without a good sealant on top. C4 is perfect for that and can last years with a reasonable level of care.
Very interesting and helpful. Thank you, must order some C4 this week!
Old 18 May 2020, 10:07 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mbwoy84

You have just given me another job to do now! Cheers AHHHHHHH!
Old 19 May 2020, 09:03 AM
mbwoy84
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to get the Crystal Serum Light/Exo V4 Combo on the cars too. It's amazing, and maintained with a PH Neutral Shampoo and C2V3 should last for 5 years.