GC8 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2020, 03:10 PM
LukeSi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GC8 Advice

Hi guys,
Just after a bit of advice, I'm taking possession of a 1995 WRX after this lockdown has finished. When I say taking possession it's a bit of a funny one. My friend bought the car a couple of years ago as a non runner with the intention of building it into a tarmac rally car however aside from getting it running (about an hours work as the only reason it didn't run was because the guy he bought it from hadn't timed it properly) and ordering a load of parts it's then been sat for about 2 and a half years.
Spec wise, aside from knowing it is stripped out and has a full safety devices roll cage I'm not too sure what else. I'm assuming coilovers as it looks a lot lower than I'd imagine it would be standard. I'll post some pictures up in a bit from my phone. Parts wise I know he bought K sport 8 pot brakes with 356mm discs for the front and 6 pots for the rear. Not too sure what other bits its got and having never had or worked on a Subaru before I don't have a clue where to start so just thought I'd see what people say.
My intention with the car is to use it as a track toy for when I fancy a change to my Mini R56 JCW. The horrid roof scoop definitely has to go haha . Anything that stands out to people as something that has been changed from these photos (only ones I've got)

Last edited by LukeSi; 21 April 2020 at 03:21 PM.
Old 21 April 2020, 05:09 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

hi mate ,, here is my rally build to help give you some inspiration lol ,, all done by myself in my garage out the back apart from painting lol

https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ack-build.html

The following users liked this post: