2004 Blobeye with 2 different type's of side repeaters. WTF

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2020, 02:43 AM
W4SIM
Scooby Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2004 Blobeye with 2 different type's of side repeaters. WTF

Hello all

Hoping someone can help me with this one, especially someone with a bit of electrical knowledge.

I've not had the car too long and I noticed the other day that one of the sid repeaters looked a bit hazy compared to the other one which is nice and clean. Upon closer inspection I also noticed that the hazy one has no orange blob in the middle of it where as the clean one does.

Now from my limited knowledge I have learned that Imprezas up to 2002 use removable bulbs in the side repeaters that simply twist out and get replaced. But from 2003 (Blobeye) the side repeaters changed to have integrated bulbs in them. Not sure how or IF they are replaceable?

But to my surprise I have one of each fitted!!!

The hazy one has the twist out bulb which comes out with the bulb holder and the clean one has an amber bulb which is built into the side repeater.

Now I wanted to replace them both with some nice clean repeaters but I'm not too sure how to do this now? Do I need to start splicing into the wire's, do i need new parts or am I simply stuck with have one of each?

Thanks
Old 18 April 2020, 12:41 PM
m40ttc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If you can get hold of another bulb holder from a bugeye, you can still buy clear lenses to fit the holders,