Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it so hard to get a standard back box ?

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2019, 10:48 AM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why is it so hard to get a standard back box ?

I’m trying to find a standard back box in good condition for my 2005 WRX and can’t find one that someone is prepared to deliver. There must be loads out there. I have a scorpion one on right now but going down the discrete standardish route. If anyone knows of one or had one let me know.

cheers.

Dave
Old 30 October 2019, 01:32 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Sorry don't know anyone selling one but its probably the risk of it getting so easily damaged. Just not worth the risk from a sellers point of view. Back in the day they were hardly worth anything everyone was rushing to get rid of them but now the market has shifted. I'm still aftermarket exhaust lol
Old 30 October 2019, 02:28 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Sure I saw atleast one on FB the other day
Old 30 October 2019, 03:14 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LewisScoob
Sure I saw atleast one on FB the other day
yeah there’s 2 on Facebook. One not got back to me. The other has but it’s collection only. It’s in England so can’t just pop down for it. Only £10 as well. Looks almost new. If anyone wants to pick it up and get it delivered for me I’ll give them £30 for it plus delivery haha.
Old 30 October 2019, 04:00 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

There's a brand new one on eBay not cheap but new.
Old 30 October 2019, 05:04 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

if you are looking quieter what about adding a silencer to the mid section , option 2 is a prodrive back box original enough ? what about putting one of them on , there are quite a few on ebay that they will post out
Old 31 October 2019, 01:24 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am taking delivery of a bog-standard JDM WRX in December. First thing I will do will be to change the centre-pipe and backbox. It is a single exit JDM one but I am fairly certain it will sound discrete. Seeing you are also north of the border I am sure we could arrange a meet/drop-off if you are prepared to wait a month or two. Here are some pics I have:

Trending Topics

Old 31 October 2019, 02:17 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Can I ask how much all in? Really fancy importing, just clueless how to proceed.

Originally Posted by HonestIago
I am taking delivery of a bog-standard JDM WRX in December. First thing I will do will be to change the centre-pipe and backbox. It is a single exit JDM one but I am fairly certain it will sound discrete. Seeing you are also north of the border I am sure we could arrange a meet/drop-off if you are prepared to wait a month or two. Here are some pics I have:

Old 31 October 2019, 03:01 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Can I ask how much all in? Really fancy importing, just clueless how to proceed.
The search for a clean standard Blob WRX Wagon through Torque GT started in April this year and it took until early August to actually win this car. I missed out on a lower mileage (albeit modified) one and also a Bugeye STi Wagon which I took a punt on. That said, I am delighted with this one they found - a 76k mile Grade 4B - seems really clean from the pics I've seen. By the time Torque GT have done an oil and timing belt service, fitted an alarm/immobiliser, done the full Dinitrol underseal (including cavities) treatment, converted the speedo/odo and MOT'd it for me it will owe me £8-8.5k all-in.

No denying it is strong money for an old WRX howevever I honestly can't think of anything else I would rather have at this price. I sold an M135i worth twice the money to get this instead - this won't touch the M135i for straight line grunt or refinement but I reckon I will enjoy it more in almost every other way.

P.S. Apologies OP for the thread de-rail!
Old 31 October 2019, 09:33 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Yeah mate. Looking good. Let me.know when you get it. I never though of a single exit.