Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of us are coming back to imprezas.

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2019, 10:08 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How many of us are coming back to imprezas.

Read a lot of posts on here and there seems to be quite a few people coming back to imprezas?
Who remeber being on here when you used to put a post and hour later it be on page 2 or 3 with reply’s.

Where it was worst place in world to get to get trolled all be it very funnily. Probably not if you were on receiving side!

So I was last on here in 2010 with my RA any one else having a early mid life crisis... mean we buying another Impreza ?
Old 03 September 2019, 08:56 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Was later to the scoob party (2014) but havent left since and had three of them. I have also noticed more traffic on the forum and older names coming back.
Old 03 September 2019, 09:05 AM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I plan on getting another Impreza once my Evo 6 sells
Old 03 September 2019, 09:26 AM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Im on my 5th and likely last impreza. Been around here for 10yrs or so. I certainly remember it being busier, especially the for sale section. Having to bump items because they'd fallen off the page in a day.
Old 03 September 2019, 12:04 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I am still on my first one that I bought in June 2000.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wurzel:
Old 03 September 2019, 02:54 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

bringing back my first, which i purchased in 2001
Old 03 September 2019, 03:38 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

Sold my sti hatch 3 weeks ago for a golf r, but realised I couldn't own something that boring so just bought a cracking forged sti hawk
The following users liked this post:
Old 03 September 2019, 09:53 PM
pjarvis6666
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

i'm on my 4th ( 2 x classic turbo2000, 1x blob wrx and now blob sti). Im Stuck in the late 90's-00's Jap era.
Old 03 September 2019, 10:14 PM
SpecCTypeRA
Scooby Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never really left since beginning in 1997...only for about 6 months in 2007 but we'll gloss over that
My Tommi Mak just doesn't stir the soul like my Spec C Type RA does

i'm in for the long haul and now I'm 50
Old 03 September 2019, 11:59 PM
wrx_driver
Scooby Regular

I'm on my 3rd now. but i do spend more time time on the type ra forum these days they are more focused on the JDM stuff though
Old 04 September 2019, 12:20 AM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I got my first in 2006 had it for 4 year and got another in 2015, loved them from first sight of a mate version 1 ra the sound and feel had me hooked
Old 04 September 2019, 05:58 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

i was originally on here in 2009 when I was breaking them, I think that was when the classics dropped to there lowest point value wise till 2013
Had a few bug blob hawk eyes round me but solely as bought cheap rebuilt and sold on, had a hatch round me which was a lot more fun then I originally thought it would be.
Currently got my uk2000, which has had a bit of a snow ball effect started with a gearbox fault then a injector seal fault, then a leak on inlet, so has gone, injector fault “may as well fit V2 injectors and rebuilt kit”
boost leak “ right putting front mount on it just for accesses to back off inlet when running....... not having a front mount with out a bigger turbo, so fitted a bigger turbo, no point in having that with out it being mapped (bought a simtech) then bought some bits n bobs of a mate who’s breaking his. All that in 4 week!! Currently in for paint on front bumper at moment. Then down south to get mapped. Hopefully then I’ll be happy with it .
iv got a very fast and furious style L Reg that a friend of mine built 15 year ago spent 0000s on then slid it into a post with in 2 week of being on road, and I’m currently trying to buy a K Reg To rebuilt the l Reg engine and donor parts across.

Maybe a early midlife crisis 😆
Old 05 September 2019, 11:40 AM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Still got my second and it's going nowhere. Well., I drive it I mean I am in no hurry to move on.
Old 06 September 2019, 11:35 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

I have just come back after I think near 10 years..had 5 scoobies back then..the started moving towards the BMW's, z4 Alpina, RS4, 911...

Think mid life crisis...as I have a f10 m5 as my weekend card..and went out and bought a 2005 Blob, lots over a month back .lol.. soon to be regretting the decision.. as 1st time I drove it found a gearbox issue, second time found a coolant leak causing car to over heat...fun and games...

Gear box rebuild, then looking to tune and make the car faster...

Last edited by SamUK; 06 September 2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07 September 2019, 09:41 AM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Never really left 06 to 2019 I’m 14 imprezas
done all variants of the GC8 bar a wagon.
Bug wrx ,uk300 ,Sti
blob never owned,
hawk sti .
Old 07 September 2019, 09:57 AM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

No mate your right and I’m not well not meant to be rebuilding it.
I wanted the earliest I could get but budget took a kickin then I got bored off going to look at cars that were knackered but strong money.
This uk came up for sale it was less then 2000 it’s 3 entire folder of receipts it’s had new cills both sides a recent rebuild. I haven’t bought it as a investment or for profit just to enjoy it through final weeks off summer.
I had most of the stuff that’s on it already. And it’ll just be a daily when it gets back.
I don’t break imprezas any more stopped that 8 year ago well I do one of two but it’s mainly because I want stuff of them lol
Old 07 September 2019, 08:47 PM
terzo282
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m back after 6 year hiatus. I’ve had a 93 Wrx Ra, 98 Uk Turbo Terzo that I had for 8 yrs, 201,000 miles and still on the original engine and box never had a rebuild. I bust it for bits as it was worth more in parts. I had no intention of getting another but won 30k on the Postcode Lottery. Inside an hour of finding out I was emailing my Mrs pics of cars asking what do you think. I got a thumbs up and a 9k budget.
So now I’ve a 06 Hawkeye wrx STi tuned too 422bhp/ 446ft/lbs. It’s had a full forged rebuild, mapped by Bob Rawle. It frightens the **** out of my better half
Old 08 September 2019, 12:45 AM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by terzo282
I’m back after 6 year hiatus. I’ve had a 93 Wrx Ra, 98 Uk Turbo Terzo that I had for 8 yrs, 201,000 miles and still on the original engine and box never had a rebuild. I bust it for bits as it was worth more in parts. I had no intention of getting another but won 30k on the Postcode Lottery. Inside an hour of finding out I was emailing my Mrs pics of cars asking what do you think. I got a thumbs up and a 9k budget.
So now I’ve a 06 Hawkeye wrx STi tuned too 422bhp/ 446ft/lbs. It’s had a full forged rebuild, mapped by Bob Rawle. It frightens the **** out of my better half
reqd your post mate when you were looking at it thinks it’s mint and why not !

Originally Posted by t8bby
For a breaker you have chosen an odd car to rebuild .
The turbo 2000 is the worst impreza you can buy.
just been and bought a 93 wrx which is what I was originally after.
Old 08 September 2019, 11:08 AM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

I’ll have had my WRX 12 years next February, taken it from a standard WRX PPP to its current spec of 677bhp 2.35 etc etc. Dont use it anywhere near as much I’d like to as life naturally moves on and have fallen into the done too much to get rid category: think about selling it a lot but then as soon I fire her up that all changes, can’t really think of any other car I’d get with similar performance unless spending 50/60/70k!!
Old 08 September 2019, 05:00 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Would say it’s just matter of opinion.
The uk is a toy and it’s all it will ever be, my other vehicles are 2 recovery trucks a x5 2 caddy’s and a couple of toys so just wanted something cheap that was fun. It isn’t “worthless” and even if it was really wouldn’t bother me.

I wanted a the earliest posttible Impreza could find to put next to rest of oldies in shed. This is early it’s running a cdb ally arms etc as it should and after going through it this morning is actually solid underneath.
All the aftermarket parts are coming off and all being swapped for genuine original parts.so the cars factory standered. When that’s achieved it’ll be where I want it and again struggle to see how it would be worthless. I personally wouldn’t keep a Impreza after a classic mainly as they are all still depreciating and classics are on there way up. I’m also into silly things like racing pedigree heritage etc and the classic is where it all started.

So I’m guessing you count every Impreza classic thats not a 2 door or a STI as worthless ?
Old 08 September 2019, 05:32 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Poorly specd explain difference between say a standered wrx and a standered turbo 2000 on same year.
Saying they realised the turbo uk to stop people buying imports is abit un educated pal as uks were a lot more money then the equivalent import at the time. People were warned off imports as you didn’t know there history etc and they were twice the price to insure. Then they were all probably written off and repaired badly I actually remember all the crap that came with buying a import. It actually took some nuts and knowledge to buy one!!

That is exactly the reason a lot of people are trying to find early low mileage uk cars at the moment.
Its also why the p1 (uk car case you didn’t know) I’d the fastest appreciating version of them all
Old 08 September 2019, 05:38 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Poorly specd explain difference between say a standered wrx and a standered turbo 2000 on same year.
Saying they realised the turbo uk to stop people buying imports is abit un educated pal as uks were a lot more money then the equivalent import at the time. People were warned off imports as you didn’t know there history etc and they were twice the price to insure. Then they were all probably written off and repaired badly I actually remember all the crap that came with buying a import. It actually took some nuts and knowledge to buy one!!

That is exactly the reason a lot of people are trying to find early low mileage uk cars at the moment.
Its also why the p1 (uk car case you didn’t know) I’d the fastest appreciating version of them all
Old 08 September 2019, 06:05 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

You said that and it's still wrong.
Abhhh ok buddy why is it when you and your pal are presented with facts and asked questions you just make stuff up !

Please tell me difference in the two models iv mentioned

I get fact it’s oreat to have a bit of flack on here.
I genuinly don’t like any Impreza except speacil editions past classics I wouldn’t slag one of tho as people buy what they like,
if some one had a corsa I wouldn’t even imply there car was worthless to them as to be fair it’s a bit of a **** end thing to say to some one.

Doesnt bother me pal genuinely as I’ll happily drive owt that’s tax tested and got 4 legal tyres. The only reason iv got the x5 is because it’ll pull Trailor about. And that’ll be going soon as a resent giving 500 a year to tax it!

Last edited by Hustlersalvage; 08 September 2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08 September 2019, 06:13 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

I did say a wrx or a uk 2000 on same year.

What impreza do you run out of Intrest
Old 08 September 2019, 06:38 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

I don't have one since 2015
Example
My93 model code gc8a,if you know what model codes are
UK car
208 Bhp
Jdm
240 bhp
Not to mention missing rear wiper,folding mirrors etc on uk. Car

The uk car has always been the poor relation to the jdm car,
Underspecced in general.
More so on new ages with lack of twin scroll and dccd on early blobs and onto the stronger jdm 2.0 v the uk 2.5 on uk Hawkeyes.

Please present facts to support your arguement especially the p1 comedy quote as I'm saying 22b (if you know what that is)is worth the most of any production inpreza
can you buy a my93 uk spec car pal ?
Old 08 September 2019, 06:59 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

im on my 3rd impreza now, had it just over 2 years its a hawk sti. everytime i sell one i regret it but i must say that im really really fighting the urge for an f10 m5. im pushing 40 next year and i dont want to look back in years time and regret not trying the cars i like.................................HOWEVER when i do go out in my impreza i forget all about m5's etc as the impreza just gets me everytime, i love the look/sound/performance/grip and attention it gets wherever it goes.

there are too many boring cars on the road now and among the herds of trevved up audi rs3's/a45 amg's/golf r's etc etc the impreza turns more heads. i know its never going to compete with those cars unless alot of cash is thrown at it but it stands out from the masses and thats good enough for me.

i love all jap cars from that era

supra's
skyline's
evo's
rx7's
etc etc

loads more character than their german rivals and will always command more and get more respect than their rivals.

when the government forces us to go electric it will be a sad day, enjoy the era of BOOST whilst you can boys cos it wont be around forever
Old 08 September 2019, 06:59 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

I haven’t seen any facts to support anything you’ve said pal. You just ignore things you can’t answer too.
1) calling some ones car worthless is a **** end thing to do yes or no
2) both my cars are poor choices and worthless.. you didn’t mention the wrx when presented with facts you moved on to pick on the uk
3) uk cars are crap and under specd no there really not unless you are comparing a early import against a later uk.
4) there higher specd because they have a rear wiper and electric mirrors... there is no etc my uk has electric mirrors and rear wiper that makes a car massively under specd

5) I said a p1 was the fastest appreciating model... I didn’t say it was the dearest model. This is due to watching the market on them for last few years 22bs if you can find one have always been dear. More importantly they are actually selling.

The question I asked you compare a uk spec to a import of same year, you chose a 93 you can’t buy a uk 93

if it wrong on any of above I’ll stand corrected with out a issue pal but if you’ve noticed I don’t comment on stuff iv no idea about unlike your self
Old 08 September 2019, 07:23 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Still confused as to your choices.
Both poor cars in impreza terms and mostly worthless
The 92-93 WRX is the Genesis of the Impreza. The STI didn’t even exist until a year after it came out. It sure as hell wasnt thought of as ‘poor’ back then.

They were plentiful, but are now virtually extinct. You used to get a choice of runners for £1k and now £3k is the starting point if you can find one.

I find it strange that someone on here would dismiss the original Impreza as poor and worthless.

The Turbo 2000 (arrived 1994) is a bit crap though
Old 08 September 2019, 08:01 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Still confused as to your choices.
Both poor cars in impreza terms and mostly worthless

Stand by it pal BOTH poor choices. I try these mate your just a bell end that really doesn’t know much and to make it worse doesn’t even own one.
i listed all the crap you’ve said and you still can’t answer it just chat crap see above,

as for engine build thread your pal knew nothing you jumped in knowing nothing,
i advises the bloke as next as could from expoerence the second some one came along knowing more about specs I didn’t comment cause at that point I didn’t know .
Your boring pal genuinely
Old 08 September 2019, 08:06 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossyboy
The 92-93 WRX is the Genesis of the Impreza. The STI didn’t even exist until a year after it came out. It sure as hell wasnt thought of as ‘poor’ back then.

They were plentiful, but are now virtually extinct. You used to get a choice of runners for £1k and now £3k is the starting point if you can find one.

I find it strange that someone on here would dismiss the original Impreza as poor and worthless.

The Turbo 2000 (arrived 1994) is a bit crap though

Parts of mine should have been made extinct pal mainly the Lexus rear lights and really quite dodgy high level spoiler !!
Its also not right colour but it will be lol

Quick Reply: How many of us are coming back to imprezas.