V3 type r graphics....

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2019, 09:37 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V3 type r graphics....

Hi all,

can anyone point me in the right direction for someone who can produce accurate rear quarter and the centre boot graphics for my yellow v3 type r?

i know ICP still supply some but iirc the boot one is no longer available in the correct colour.

I was never too fussed on the graphics but it’s been for sale for at least 4 weeks now and I can’t even get a single person to view it, so I’m hoping at least getting the exterior to look as close to factory as possible might help.

i also need STI fog cover graphics if possible.

many thanks

Mick
Old 16 August 2019, 11:42 PM
David Wilkinson 555
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Worlasshasansti
Hi all,

can anyone point me in the right direction for someone who can produce accurate rear quarter and the centre boot graphics for my yellow v3 type r?

i know ICP still supply some but iirc the boot one is no longer available in the correct colour.

I was never too fussed on the graphics but it’s been for sale for at least 4 weeks now and I can’t even get a single person to view it, so I’m hoping at least getting the exterior to look as close to factory as possible might help.

i also need STI fog cover graphics if possible.

many thanks

Mick
You could try sprintingharejdm. Even if you contact Tom direct to see if he can get you the specific things you need
The following users liked this post:
Old 17 August 2019, 08:21 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

as you mention regardless of supplier there has been no stock in certain clourways for quite some time...............

not sure if you are on there but the guys on https://www.type-ra.com/subaru-forum/ were trying to sort something........
Old 17 August 2019, 09:03 AM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stockcar
as you mention regardless of supplier there has been no stock in certain clourways for quite some time...............

not sure if you are on there but the guys on https://www.type-ra.com/subaru-forum/ were trying to sort something........
Cheers Alyn, I’m sure i seen someone mention the graphics not too long ago on the ra forum, I’ll ask on there

thanks
Old 18 August 2019, 02:19 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Isn't there a guy on eBay selling replica ones? How much you asking for it? As July and August are the worst months for selling a car apparently.
Old 18 August 2019, 03:54 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Hi jay,

i’ll have a trawl through eBay tonight, ICP have the correct rear quarter graphics for 80 quid so I might just buy those to keep it genuine.

I honestly think the first person to view it will buy it, I understand the colour isn’t for everyone and most want the later versions but mine is a decent spec for a road car and it’s had a good chunk of money spent on it

Last edited by Worlasshasansti; 20 August 2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Wrong info
Old 18 August 2019, 07:26 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

It's not an insane price but there's dealers with them listed at that price. Yellow isn't the most liked colour although I like it. Might be with putting £8,999 looks better.
Old 18 August 2019, 07:29 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

I’m doing the advert now with better photos, 8,750 ono

if it doesn’t sell I’m going to go 6 speed and brembos and keep it another few years, I don’t actually need to sell the car and I still enjoy driving it but i was offered a nice Porsche from a friend and fancied a change.

cheers

mick
Old 19 August 2019, 10:16 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Worlasshasansti
I’m doing the advert now with better photos, 8,750 ono

if it doesn’t sell I’m going to go 6 speed and brembos and keep it another few years, I don’t actually need to sell the car and I still enjoy driving it but i was offered a nice Porsche from a friend and fancied a change.

cheers

mick

Everyone I know who has owned one has regretted selling there’s my self included. Whether it back in day when we all jumped onto Evos then sold them a few months later as they were boring compared to the Impreza’s (fun factor) or now where a few of us or jumping back on Impreza’s
they are also starting to climb quickly in price. And according to a lot of people are turning into a investment. You have a rare car in a rare colour pal 100 percent keep it and sell it in a few years when it’s worth more and the Porsche has done nothing but deprecate.
I sold my RA for 2500 10 year ago and believe it or not that was going rate.
Last year it did 5500 on fleabay.
Old 19 August 2019, 10:36 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hustlersalvage
Everyone I know who has owned one has regretted selling there’s my self included. Whether it back in day when we all jumped onto Evos then sold them a few months later as they were boring compared to the Impreza’s (fun factor) or now where a few of us or jumping back on Impreza’s
they are also starting to climb quickly in price. And according to a lot of people are turning into a investment. You have a rare car in a rare colour pal 100 percent keep it and sell it in a few years when it’s worth more and the Porsche has done nothing but deprecate.
I sold my RA for 2500 10 year ago and believe it or not that was going rate.
Last year it did 5500 on fleabay.
I get where your coming from mate but prices are slowly starting to come down on everything now, I’m sure they’ll climb again after everything settles after all the political rubbish settles down etc

Porsche 996 values are pretty low now anyway (it’s only a carrera 2 I’m looking at) so hopefully won’t come down to much....they have been climbing until recently..

im planning on doing more road trips over long distance next year and the type r is awful for long journeys the gearbox ratios are terrible for 70-80mph for any length of time, my brothers heavily into porsches so it’s something for us to do at a weekend really.

New add is live

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...rx-sti/9937677

Cheers
mick
Old 20 August 2019, 12:09 PM
Hustlersalvage
Scooby Regular

It’s stunning pal ticks all boxes for me only thing to let it down abit to me is wheels, unless there standered like that?
I buy a lot of cars (part of my job) black wheels on a car to me put me off them as a lot of time I just think they’ve been refurbed cheaply, stems back to when people just painted there wheels black because they were nakered and it hides everything lol.

Not saying thats the case with yours at all and i genuinely think it’s a sound investment to some one. It’s got to be one of the rarest cars in rarest colour!
Old 20 August 2019, 12:21 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hustlersalvage
It’s stunning pal ticks all boxes for me only thing to let it down abit to me is wheels, unless there standered like that?
I buy a lot of cars (part of my job) black wheels on a car to me put me off them as a lot of time I just think they’ve been refurbed cheaply, stems back to when people just painted there wheels black because they were nakered and it hides everything lol.

Not saying thats the case with yours at all and i genuinely think it’s a sound investment to some one. It’s got to be one of the rarest cars in rarest colour!
Cheers fella :-)

They are indeed standard, as far as I’m aware it’s a signature edition, they came with the black wheels from Subaru, iirc signature editions are literally just a yellow version 3 with the standard wheels in black lol nothing more.

i have a set of 17” gunmetal revolutions which I had on the car which look amazing but I’m selling those separate after the car has sold to claw some money back as it looks like I’m going to have to sell it for far less than I wanted if I do part with it.
Old 20 August 2019, 02:32 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

The wheels fitted are 18 x 8 Revolution wheels - not exactly a standard Subaru fitment - even for a "signature edition".

Indeed the standard wheels did come painted black

Is it also missing it's front lip spoiler ?
Old 20 August 2019, 02:43 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

Hi Don, you’ve looked at the original advert my friend, it’s on the standard black 16” alloys in the current advert (link a couple of posts above) my revolutions are 17” not 18”.

it is missing the original 3 piece splitter it’s been missing for 7 year at least but it hasn’t bothered me to be honest, I always intended to refit it if I could find one but they’re hard to find in good condition or silly money NOS.
Old 20 August 2019, 04:07 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

I see, maybe worth editing your #6 post and remove/change the original link to the new one to save confusion
Old 24 August 2019, 03:20 PM
AT@JDM
Scooby Regular

Is this any good.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282654492438