ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Facebook tuners aka power wizards

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2019, 04:39 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Facebook tuners aka power wizards

best statement ave heard you don’t need a remap for bigger intercoolers cone filters
blow off valves uppipes and the list goes on but the cars run fine the standard ecu fixes it self apparently . Why would you add that if you didn’t map the car for full benefit and the car running like crap

plus it all stays within the ecu parameters so no map needed someone fill in the blanks here eh UK 2000 turbo brigade

Last edited by playtime; 01 May 2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01 May 2019, 05:36 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm convinced a lot of mods are added to cars not to add performance, but to be able to say "look at my shiny bits". For those kind of mods, a performance increase is secondary, even if the attraction of the part is "it increases performance".

Also don't underestimate people's ability to "definitely feel a power increase" when they've spent money on some bit, even if there is absolutely no positive change if measured on e.g. a dyno...

Hopefully the ECU will take care of most of those peoples' engines but some will undoubtedly push the number of unmapped mods too far and blow their engines up.

I think the risk would be greatest if they already had a custom map and changed bits *****-nilly.
Old 02 May 2019, 09:00 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

I would agree, I think your even more likely to have issues if a custom map and then make changes that are not accounted for.

A lot of people are all about the show rather than the go, which is why so many dump valves are sold, regardless of them actually hindering performance. If it sounds fast it must be!
Old 02 May 2019, 09:52 AM
Ash Webster
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you sure about that? i went to watch time attack recently and pretty much every car had a dump valve...
Old 02 May 2019, 10:04 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Webster
are you sure about that? i went to watch time attack recently and pretty much every car had a dump valve...
In the context of mapping, I doubt that any of those cars have not had the characteristics of a dump valve mapped in.
Old 02 May 2019, 02:55 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Webster
But they were not like the DV's we would use on a standard car.

"Scene points"