ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Key fob

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2018, 09:44 PM
trophy hunter
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Key fob

One of my key fobs has stopped working recently, changed the battery but still no good , have another fob which is working fine.
I have the pin for key pad but not sure how to use pin if I get stuck, just wondering if anyone knows the way around using the key to get into the car and key pad to start it, if alarm has been disarmed, don’t want to mess about with key pad and end up with a bigger problem for myself.
Old 18 December 2018, 08:01 PM
Flat4x4-again
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

My local ish Subaru dealer had an offer earlier this year for about £65 for older Subarus as one of mine wasnt working. Bite the bullet and buy one as the keypad is a pain to use.
Old 18 December 2018, 08:33 PM
trophy hunter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flat4x4-again
My local ish Subaru dealer had an offer earlier this year for about £65 for older Subarus as one of mine wasnt working. Bite the bullet and buy one as the keypad is a pain to use.
hi, my local Subaru dealer is calling me tomorrow, if it’s anywhere near £65 I’ll get a new one, I have heard stories of it being anywhere between £200 and £300 for a new one, cheers anyway
Old 18 December 2018, 09:35 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by trophy hunter

hi, my local Subaru dealer is calling me tomorrow, if it’s anywhere near £65 I’ll get a new one, I have heard stories of it being anywhere between £200 and £300 for a new one, cheers anyway
The key need re-coding to the alarm -note both keys need coding at the same time

- Arm and then Disarm the system using the working Radio Key.

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*91*2# where 2 is total number of radio keys to work the system.

- Briefly press both radio keys in turn (the dash board LED will flash each time and the siren will bleep) Any radio keys not programmed here will no-longer operate the system.

- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using all the radio keys programmed.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:

- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered. - If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

If the spare remote still dooesn't work then there are 3 possible reasons:1. The remote battery is flat (the built in LED takes very little current to illuminate it and is not an indication that the battery voltage is healthy).

2. The remote is damaged or faulty.

3. Its the wrong type of remote for the M30. There have been a number of Sigma remotes over the years that operate on different radio frequencies and use different encryption methods. The correct remote for the M30 is the AC38. This remote is easy to identify as it has a round battery "pod" on the rear of the remote with a screw-off cover.

Last edited by Don Clark; 18 December 2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 18 December 2018, 09:50 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

You can download a copy of the Sigma M30 alarm manual below....
Alarm manual
Old 19 December 2018, 07:32 PM
trophy hunter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
You can download a copy of the Sigma M30 alarm manual below....
Alarm manual
thanks don👍🏻
Old 20 December 2018, 11:14 PM
Flat4x4-again
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

There looks to be a used one on ebay at the moment