Sponsored by:

300bhp+...... myoo

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2001, 08:13 PM
nick_scott
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Well sorry about that guys, it looks like we are goin to have to start a new thread.

Anyhow,
mods:
vf23, aps type rt fmic, aps cold air induction, blitz bov, blitz dsbc (currently running 1.1bars), apexi asfc and ignition controller, uprated injectors, sti lightened flywheel.
0-60 4.3 secs
0-100 12.2 secs
1/4 mile 12.8secs

wrexy,
is there an automatic setting so that the boost reduces back to around 1 bar when goin 160kmph? or would i have to do it manually?
Also, I was wondering if u could ask your friend, the one that distributes for aps what the benefits of launch control/ e-quickshift would be and would they work without a unichip upgrade as well as the benefits and possible gains of using a waer injection system.

cheers

nick

Anyone used a blitz power meter id? or atleast know how to post pictures?

any other comments welcome
Old 22 May 2001, 08:53 PM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Nick

A good site for info on WI is:
Old 22 May 2001, 09:27 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Nick you have to adjust it manually. I do it for safety reasons to save the engine. Its OK to not do this if your just going to rev out and then back off again but for sustained high speed driving I back it off.
Launch control works with the Unichip as its programmed. I don't know about any other kits but they would all work off an ECU or piggyback ECU.
With the Unichip one its a rev limiter programmed into the Unichip which kicks in when the clutch is disengaged, they fit a micro switch on the clutch pedal which tells the Unichip that the clutch is in and the Unichip then cuts the ignition over 4500 rpm even though you've got the gas pedal to the floor. This means you can take off without looking at the revs as it will always be 4500rpm when you have floored it with the clutch in so imagine the spot on take offs. Quick shift is that with this setup you can do flat changes ( change gears without taking your foot off the gas pedal) as the revs won't go higher than 4500rpm with the clutch in while changing gears.
Water injection sprays water onto the intake manifold post-intercooler (throttle body area) to suppress detonation and cool the induction charge. Which means safer and more power.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
WREXY.
Old 22 May 2001, 10:25 PM
nick_scott
Scooby Regular

cheers guys,

sam,
i almost forgot to tell u, with the fmic, there may be some problems fitting in a normal air intake as the hoses pass right over it.

wrexy,
thanks for the info. When u planning to go for the vf23? how about a vf22?

rich,
is it hard to install an aquamist....is it quite technical??

cheers again.

nick
Old 22 May 2001, 10:29 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I have to enquire about the turbo's to find out which is better. I said vf23 but I may go for the vf22. I always mix those two up.

WREXY.
Old 22 May 2001, 10:32 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I forgot question two. Next year when my friend comes for a holiday to fit for me.
WREXY.
Old 23 May 2001, 08:54 AM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Not really Nick (although I didn't fit mine )

If you go for the basic 1s system and use your existing washer reservoir it's fairly quick & easy.

Fit the pump, wiring, inline water filter and connect to water supply. Fit remote mounted pressure switch away from heat (tee off boost gauge hose) and set pressure (default is 0.8 Bar) then secure nylon hose and 5mm jet in position - mine uses a T-shape samco hose post intercooler (not supplied with kit) rather than drilling.

Rich.