ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Subaru impreza sti final edition

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2018, 06:49 PM
Hawkeyez_sti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru impreza sti final edition

Now that we know subaru are no longer going to make anymore wrx/sti after this year, does this mean there will be any kind of price rise on impreza wrx/sti. A bit like when mitsubishi stopped making evolutions ??
Old 01 March 2018, 09:14 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawkeyez_sti
Now that we know subaru are no longer going to make anymore wrx/sti after this year, does this mean there will be any kind of price rise on impreza wrx/sti. A bit like when mitsubishi stopped making evolutions ??
No because the engines are Sh6te and the Final Edition was just cosmetic not performance.
Old 01 March 2018, 11:00 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Most specials will command a value. The final edition is no exception. In time it will be one of the more sort after. But I wouldn't expect a rise any time soon. The outgoing model seems the most unloved of all the models. Shame really as they are still great cars.
Old 02 March 2018, 04:28 AM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

I think there's already been a decent rise the last couple of years on special editions and JDM models as the latest models are not desirable. I can see the final edition keeping a fair bit of value for low mileage examples. Was a limited run after all.
Old 02 March 2018, 09:33 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I presume there will be a JDM STI 'Final Edition' - that will be the desirable car, not the poverty UK spec car. Some old guy with too much money will buy one in the hope that one day it will be worth £££ but its never going to be a sought after car.
Old 02 March 2018, 10:22 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Trinity
I presume there will be a JDM STI 'Final Edition' - that will be the desirable car, not the poverty UK spec car. Some old guy with too much money will buy one in the hope that one day it will be worth £££ but its never going to be a sought after car.
what makes the UK one poverty spec? excluding the 2.0 twinscroll setup difference
Old 02 March 2018, 10:25 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gambit
what makes the UK one poverty spec? excluding the 2.0 twinscroll setup difference
Excluding the fundamental reason?
Old 02 March 2018, 10:28 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Maybe it has already been and gone - S208, although there may be another before the WRX / WRX STi moves to the Global Platform which will probably be a 1.6T Hybrid.........

Last edited by Don Clark; 02 March 2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02 March 2018, 10:40 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Excluding the fundamental reason?
yes excluding the fundamental reason. they way you talked is that it was actually a lesser spec car over and above the usual 2.5/2.0 twinscroll engine debate which (i was always led to believe) didnt pass EU emission laws for new cars and hence why it never came here (or europe)

hence why i was asking what makes it "poverty" spec
Old 02 March 2018, 02:34 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gambit
yes excluding the fundamental reason. they way you talked is that it was actually a lesser spec car over and above the usual 2.5/2.0 twinscroll engine debate which (i was always led to believe) didnt pass EU emission laws for new cars and hence why it never came here (or europe)

hence why i was asking what makes it "poverty" spec
I was referring to the fundamental reason, which makes it a lesser spec car which a self combustable engine and laggy single scroll turbo, amongst other things.
Old 02 March 2018, 02:34 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Don Clark
Maybe it has already been and gone - S208, although there may be another before the WRX / WRX STi moves to the Global Platform which will probably be a 1.6T Hybrid.........
That would be the one!
Old 02 March 2018, 04:38 PM
clyne 08
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To be fair a lot say the P1 was a poverty spec type r but look how the value of them has ended up.
Old 02 March 2018, 05:04 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by clyne 08
To be fair a lot say the P1 was a poverty spec type r but look how the value of them has ended up.
Fair point, but not entirely comparable. The P1 was still a 3 door, which was still *special* as the majority of Imprezas are 4 door, which makes it more desirable but yes, still a poverty dull down spec Type R.
Old 02 March 2018, 05:27 PM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by clyne 08
P1 has the prodrive name attached to it so always going to be desirable. P1 and RB320 both are prodrive and only STIs set up properly for UK road imo and that's why they both command a premium
​​​​​
Old 02 March 2018, 05:49 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

If you mean Type R - less focussed and watered down, and RB320 - chavtastic with a chocolate engine, then sure.

Definitely sounds like you havent driven, nor owned any of them
Old 02 March 2018, 06:02 PM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

If you mean Type R - less focussed and watered down, and RB320 - chavtastic with a chocolate engine, then sure.

Definitely sounds like you havent driven, nor owned any of them
P1 is far more focussed for what it was designed for- UK back roads.
​​​​
I have the full RB320 setup on my spec c and it's the best UK road suspension full stop. I have the luxury of the 2.0 and not the 'chocolate' 2.5 however but horses for courses many prefer the 2.5 and the styling hence the premium on the RB320...

Saying all this I would only buy JDM models haha
Old 02 March 2018, 08:30 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

People are gonna go back to imports again. just need some capital to setup initially and your gonna have a right money earner on your hands
Old 02 March 2018, 09:22 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotFromSomerset
P1 is far more focussed for what it was designed for- UK back roads.
​​​​
I have the full RB320 setup on my spec c and it's the best UK road suspension full stop. I have the luxury of the 2.0 and not the 'chocolate' 2.5 however but horses for courses many prefer the 2.5 and the styling hence the premium on the RB320...

Saying all this I would only buy JDM models haha
It's really not. Its 'setup' was to adhere to comfort requirements by the general public. Compared to a Type R, its a rolly polly junker. Still a great car, but its not a Type R, and thats its flaw.
Old 02 March 2018, 09:58 PM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

It's really not. Its 'setup' was to adhere to comfort requirements by the general public. Compared to a Type R, its a rolly polly junker. Still a great car, but its not a Type R, and thats its flaw.
lol some say rolly Polly junker and some would say more compliant. Maybe buyers prefer the longer final gear and styling too amongst other things, who knows.
Lots of people say the JDM cars suspension is much better but I find it far too hard and crashy generally for British roads. If your talking track then were in a different conversation all together. I really don't think the P1 and rb320 are as terrible as your describing hence the demand for them.....
Old 02 March 2018, 10:18 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

lol some say rolly Polly junker and some would say more compliant. Maybe buyers prefer the longer final gear and styling too amongst other things, who knows.
Lots of people say the JDM cars suspension is much better but I find it far too hard and crashy generally for British roads. If your talking track then were in a different conversation all together. I really don't think the P1 and rb320 are as terrible as your describing hence the demand for them.....
Have you owned any of them?
Old 02 March 2018, 10:34 PM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

Have you owned any of them?
Only one I haven't been in is a P1.
I was speaking generally about JDM cars
Old 02 March 2018, 10:39 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Only one I haven't been in is a P1.
I was speaking generally about JDM cars
Being in and owning are two entirely separate things. Ive been in Concorde, dosen't mean I can rate what its like to use and live with on a daily basis for a host of tasks.

The Type R wins hands down.
Old 02 March 2018, 10:41 PM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

Being in and owning are two entirely separate things. Ive been in Concorde, dosen't mean I can rate what its like to use and live with on a daily basis for a host of tasks.

The Type R wins hands down.
ill take your word for it. Why does it go for half the money then do you think?
Old 02 March 2018, 10:48 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Multiple reasons, one of which mentioned earlier. Limited Edition cars will always have some form of following, because the P1 was based on an AMAZING car that was never offficially available over here, it has desirability - Ive never discounted that, but its sloppy compared to a Type R. Although , the Recaro's, if you get one with, where a vast improvement over the standard seats.
Old 02 March 2018, 10:51 PM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

Multiple reasons, one of which mentioned earlier. Limited Edition cars will always have some form of following, because the P1 was based on an AMAZING car that was never offficially available over here, it has desirability - Ive never discounted that, but its sloppy compared to a Type R. Although , the Recaro's, if you get one with, where a vast improvement over the standard seats.
Never understood why they took the DCCD out. I'm sure ABS was a desirable addition at the time.
Old 02 March 2018, 10:55 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Owned both P1 is desirable cause it was a limited edition but its as boring as f**k. Type r does what it says on the tin and is a drivers car and more focused with all the goodies left in it. With this weather here you can keep your ABS too turns any vehicle into a death trap
Old 03 March 2018, 07:48 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Never understood why they took the DCCD out. I'm sure ABS was a desirable addition at the time.
Cost. They had to pay Prodrive to to do whatever it was that made the car dull, so kit had to be lost. My P1 didnt have electric folding mirrors either.
Old 03 March 2018, 07:49 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Owned both P1 is desirable cause it was a limited edition but its as boring as f**k. Type r does what it says on the tin and is a drivers car and more focused with all the goodies left in it. With this weather here you can keep your ABS too turns any vehicle into a death trap
Exactly that! The ABS was a nice addition to the V5 Type R, but I still prefer the V4, but put the wrong tyres on it , and it was a widow maker in mad conditions
Old 03 March 2018, 11:15 AM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

No because they aren't stopping selling them there, it's just the UK that have stopped selling
Old 03 March 2018, 02:39 PM
clyne 08
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly that! The ABS was a nice addition to the V5 Type R, but I still prefer the V4, but put the wrong tyres on it , and it was a widow maker in mad conditions
My V5 doesn't have ABS.

Quick Reply: Subaru impreza sti final edition