ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

MIA at the Classic Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2017, 10:44 AM
Assa1974
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIA at the Classic Car Show

I attended the annual Classic Car show at the NEC yesterday. Lots of lovely stuff from all periods including a lot of relatively modern and relatively mundane makes and models. But, and I was very dissappointed, not a single Subaru! Not one! There was a decent turn-out for the other Japanese makes so why was Subaru lacking?

One trend I noticed was the emergence of 'normal' cars from the 70's and 80's as classics. I counted 7 examples of cars I've driven (either my own or my parents) that were on display. I'd hate to think what they're cumulative value would be now?!
Old 12 November 2017, 10:31 PM
type-ra
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Assa1974
I attended the annual Classic Car show at the NEC yesterday. Lots of lovely stuff from all periods including a lot of relatively modern and relatively mundane makes and models. But, and I was very dissappointed, not a single Subaru! Not one! There was a decent turn-out for the other Japanese makes so why was Subaru lacking?

One trend I noticed was the emergence of 'normal' cars from the 70's and 80's as classics. I counted 7 examples of cars I've driven (either my own or my parents) that were on display. I'd hate to think what they're cumulative value would be now?!
On Type-RA.com we have a stand at Autosport International again in 2018.
We've been there for the past few years. We've been looking at the Classic Car show for a long time but logistics of 6 cars/drivers plus hotels for 4 days/nights makes it a no-go sadly.
You are more than welcome to drop in next year or see some pics of the stands from previous years here: http://www.type-ra.com/subaru-forum/...rt-events.108/
Old 15 November 2017, 07:43 PM
Flat4x4-again
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Lack of Scoobies

I went and like you was a bit disappointed. Saw a nice Delta Integrale - but £39995 and my engine bay is cleaner!

I suppose we have to go to Japfest and find the umolested classics among the 'show' cars' ?
Old 17 November 2017, 07:52 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think there's a fair bit of competition to actually get a stand
Old 17 November 2017, 11:23 AM
Assa1974
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fair enough WRT stands, but there were a lot of 'classic' dealers with cars for sale ranging from top end 'prestige' marques to bog-standard stuff (1990's - early 2Ks) but not a single Scooby. Given what mint classics go for these days, I am surprised there weren't any. I'll head along to Autosport in January and hope for better luck!
Old 17 November 2017, 09:54 PM
type-ra
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat4x4-again
I went and like you was a bit disappointed. Saw a nice Delta Integrale - but £39995 and my engine bay is cleaner!

I suppose we have to go to Japfest and find the umolested classics among the 'show' cars' ?
@Flat4x4-again we do tend to have a few unmolested cars on our stand

Originally Posted by Assa1974
Fair enough WRT stands, but there were a lot of 'classic' dealers with cars for sale ranging from top end 'prestige' marques to bog-standard stuff (1990's - early 2Ks) but not a single Scooby. Given what mint classics go for these days, I am surprised there weren't any. I'll head along to Autosport in January and hope for better luck!
See you on stand 9150 in January 2018