Sponsored by:

Dash command on newage jdm impreza

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2017, 04:13 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Dash command on newage jdm impreza

Ok so I bought a elm 327 wifi adapter and downloaded the dash command app,I then added all the tech info to the app, now I can get the app to say it's connected to the wifi on the elm but I'm receiving no data at all, I cannot get the PIDs to validate so abit stuck now
I've had a look through snet and seen there have been some difficulties in the past I guess I'm wondering if anyone has the same set up working on a newage jdm and what's required I have a 03 spec c ..

Thanks CSF
Old 28 September 2017, 01:15 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Anyone,,,, I've read all the scoobynet posts on the dash command with the elm
Is anyone able to give a final verdict on wether it will work or what is needed for it to work or have I just wasted £20 on the app and the elm dongle ?
Old 28 September 2017, 02:02 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

AFAIK Dash command is pure OBDII/EOBD whereas most JDM Subaru's require SSM

The ELM 327 seems compatible with SSM's ISO 9141 protocol.

Have you looked at Torque app as I believe it's now (since 2012) been compatible with SSM

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...ks-ssm-120972/
Old 29 September 2017, 11:34 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Hi Don, according to that link you posted above the cheaper elm 327 adapters don't work and I would need to purchase a obd key product for it to support Ssm ? @ £85 for a obd key dongle and + I have no android devices with Bluetooth at present I guess it's gonna cost me a few £££ to get the set up.

wouldn't mind but !! I already have a iPhone with dash command installed, a iPad Air, a kindle fire ( amazon market place ) and a cheep android tablet with Torque pro installed ( no Bluetooth ) then I have both elm 327 wifi and Bluetooth dongles non of which I can seem to make work.. starting to get stressed with the whole bloody thing !
Old 29 September 2017, 12:22 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Romraider states SSM uses an ISO9141 interface

http://www.romraider.com/RomRaider/SsmProtocol

According to ELM, the 323, 327 and 327L are compatible with ISO9141-2

https://www.elmelectronics.com/products/ics/obd/

However it appears they use a fixed AT command set.

From SubaruOutback.org

What adapter works?:
The software works with all ISO-9141-2-/ISO-14230-1-compliant (K/L- and KK/L-) interfaces, that serve as simple voltage level converters ("Dump"-interface) or have a "pass-through"-mode.
The interface must be selectable through a serial port, which also includes USB-interfaces whose driver provides a virtual serial port (e.g. interfaces with FTDI-USB-chip).

This is a (incomplete) list of interfaces that should work with FreeSSM (no guarantee !):
- all interfaces that work with VW-Tool and VAG-COM up to version 311.3 (409)
- openPort-interface 1.2/1.3 (not 2.0 !)
- interfaces with AGV2055, AGV3000, AGV3001, AGV3100, AGV4000, AGV4500 chipset that provide a switch to activate the "transit mode" (e.g. OBD-Diag®-interfaces)
- "Jeff Noxons" interface (-design)
- "Andy Whitakkers" interface (-design)

Interfaces with ELM-chip (ELM320, ELM322, ELM323, ELM327) will not work, because they use a fixed AT-command-set which is not compatible with the SUBARU®-specific protocol.

The OpenPort 1.2/1.3 interfaces are actually ISO-9141/ISO-14230-pass-through-interfaces with minor extensions (serial status/handshaking lines are used for e.g. switching the program voltage).

With that being said, if you already have one of these adapters congratulations! If not you can decide which one you would like to get.
My recommendation: Vag-Com KKL 409.1 can be found for $18 on ebay from a U.S. seller.

How about Free SSM? however it's a pc based software so not suitable for phone/wifi/bluetooth setup.

Full post/thread here.............
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...r-ecm-tcu.html