Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the S203 have rose joints on the rear suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2017, 10:31 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does the S203 have rose joints on the rear suspension?

And if so, where exactly? I've got a hill climb car and it's in a road going class, the MSA specify no rose joints unless they come from the manufacturer like that. I'm going to assume that if a model in the range has them, I can use them too.
Old 27 September 2017, 11:50 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

S203
With the concept of "Global Pure Sports Sedan" as the concept word, we developed aiming at car classification and performance that can compete with European high-end sports cars. In addition to enlarging the turbine and improving the efficiency of the intake and exhaust system, the engine was balanced. Damper of a special tune + lowdown spring was attached, the link type used a lot of pillow ball bush and enlarged the stabilizer diameter. The STI made front and rear spoilers that studied aerodynamics were attached, and the seat was made into a Recaro bucket seat of dry carbon shell. In the development tests, SUBARU World Rally Team's ace driver Petter Solberg of the time also joined and his opinion was reflected. After leaving the original impression of the Impreza, it realized a high texture and premium feel that satisfies the adult's sensibility, not just on the extension line.

Pillow ball bushes are in essence needle roller bearings - not rose joints.

For example

Last edited by Don Clark; 27 September 2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 27 September 2017, 03:51 PM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah I see. So not something I could use to justify them on my car. Nevermind, thanks for the info Don