Unmodify your car

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2017, 03:54 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unmodify your car

Has anyone ever done this?

Spent weeks/months/years modding and modding and modding...Then perhaps one day you seen a clean, original, stock Impreza and then start to prefer the clean, simple lines of OEM??

Surely someone has....? Anyone??
Old 20 August 2017, 05:36 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would anyone look at a standard car after fitting a six speed then say to themselves "I wish I had a chocolate five speeder" or "I wish I hadnt done that forge build and kept the standard theraplegic pistons"
I wish I hadnt fitted that billet ball bearing turbo and rcm top feed injector conversion not.
Old 20 August 2017, 05:42 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I think he means in looks department. And maybe other stuff like coilovers exhaust etc. My mate has an original prefacelift classic and looks nice and original. He keeps thinking about a facelift at first I said no, but then I see a v6 sti up forsale and think do it lol
Old 20 August 2017, 08:52 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edsel
Why would anyone look at a standard car after fitting a six speed then say to themselves "I wish I had a chocolate five speeder" or "I wish I hadnt done that forge build and kept the standard theraplegic pistons"
I wish I hadnt fitted that billet ball bearing turbo and rcm top feed injector conversion not.
Not really..It's more like,"i wish i hadn't painted it orange with lime green wheels", or, "I wish i hadn't welded a chair in, a cage, slammed it, and tuned it to 1000rwhp...i sort of miss the old girl", "WTF was i doing....I've totally ruined the character of the original car..I shouldn't have lobbed that Supra lump in"...Stuff like that.

Originally Posted by jaygsi
I think he means in looks department. And maybe other stuff like coilovers exhaust etc. My mate has an original prefacelift classic and looks nice and original. He keeps thinking about a facelift at first I said no, but then I see a v6 sti up forsale and think do it lol
Yeah..On the BMW forum i frequent a lot of guys go to town on their M3's, spending fortunes and very often return them back to OEM after several years...They usually say that they lost what the original design was all about, or miss the timeless lines etc..

Chopping up the bodywork and giving it the Fast n Furious treatment makes cars look so dated too....