Sponsored by:

My new Impreza JDM this time

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2017, 05:48 PM
JYdm
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Impreza JDM this time

Hi all, i'm not new i have been a member since i can't remember not a massive poster more lurker but member for a long time non the least! but its been a little while since i have been active so lost all log in details and no longer have access to the old email and decided to start a fresh.

I have got a few pictures of my old Impreza's that i have had the pleasure of owning over the years, been in and out of loads of other cars, i wanted something fun to get to work and do school run in as well as get on a few light track days that was desirable JDM spec and good history etc so that required a fair few boxes ticking had to be a certain budget and something a little special so was hunting and looking at all sorts not just impreza, DC5's and other stuff but stumbled on this one via ebay, but quickly realised i need to have a look at the forum and see it on here also and delved into the cars history of forum members and what its been like over the years, all seemed good and the fact it was JDM was a must this time around for all the extras and the rarer feel to it (love the UK car's had 3!)

I have not long purchased it from Dave aka BIGEMP and a few others on here have owned it. Met Dave to have a look around it made the 2 hour drive over after almost loosing it to another person! i just couldn't get the time to get over, but was was meant to be it seems, Dave was great took me for a long drive out and all felt good, has been very very well cared for and has a huge folder of invoices down to the smallest thing purchased so that's nice and i intend on documenting the same way and servicing/maintaining it the same as i would anyway,

I will update with pictures and what i get up to with it, plans so far are to rotor polish it detail engine i might change the wheels to anthracite and have a 3.5" round outrolled tip put on the existing backbox otherwise keep it how it is i think? any suggestions?

few pics of my previous Impreza's

My First one i owned for a while (Topgears car the stig drove in the stigs hot timed lap) didn't know this when i purchased it!!

Second one, Purchased from a place call RRH in Surrey no idea i they still going but was a really nice low miler and nice subtle hidden mods.

Then a long gap i came across a really nice example of a hatch, had a large amount of money and effort on this one, nothing ott but really nice so drove 8 hour round trip for this!

Old 08 August 2017, 12:08 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Thread Approved.
No idea why it was locked in the moderation queue. Sorry.
Old 08 August 2017, 05:00 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Is the reg NYO8 LFJ?
Old 08 August 2017, 05:53 PM
JYdm
Scooby Newbie

HY08LFJ whys that mate?

I do wonder if any of my old ones are knocking about on here, il amend the pics not sure why they are so small.

Thanks Stewart for the help appreciate that.
Old 09 August 2017, 06:04 AM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

Hi Jay

Glad you are pleased with the car,and look forward to seeing any changes you make to the car in the future,nice for the history with most of the owners being on scoobynet.
All the best
Dave
Old 09 August 2017, 09:47 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JYdm
HY08LFJ whys that mate?

I do wonder if any of my old ones are knocking about on here, il amend the pics not sure why they are so small.

Thanks Stewart for the help appreciate that.
I can't seem to find the plate on the DVLA site, which is normally pretty good on the newer imports.

Old 09 August 2017, 01:08 PM
JYdm
Scooby Newbie

Hi Dave mate, thanks and will keep it updated just some small tweaks nothing major planned but all improvements i hope!

cheers

The trooper - my Hatch was a UK car that was my 3rd impreza, the new one i just brought is a Blobeye (no pics as of yet)

I'm not sure why it's not showing any info, would it be that its been writen off? hope not its was a fine example ££££ spent however it wasn't forged in my ownership!