Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Genuine Hawkeye STI roof vane fitting photos.

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2017, 09:14 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Genuine Hawkeye STI roof vane fitting photos.

Hi all, sorry I never got round to putting these up.

Any questions, just post here.

Not on too often but it does give a lot more down force on fast bends and lands the jumps very nicely!

https://www.scoobynet.com/g/album/7615212
Old 04 July 2017, 09:36 PM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Thats handy to know, haps i can finally fit mine thats sat in me shed gathering dust for over a year lol one question tho regarding fitment, aint it slightly too high up over the window if you compare it to others fitted on cars, not being picky or nowt tho, good job tho none the same.
Old 04 July 2017, 09:48 PM
Jay kay
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of someone who just bonded it to the car and it's not moved (so far). Any idea if that's a permanent fix?
Old 06 July 2017, 08:59 AM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I measured the edge to a genuine Hawk STi and mine is within 1mm of correct positioning. The plates really don't sit right if even slightly out of place.

Most aftermarket ones are one piece. You'd have to bolt them from inside the car, which means drilling through the inner panel, etc. Yuk. Otherwise they can be bonded on.

The genuine ones are, as you can see, far more straightforward. There is a rubber gasket that sticks on to the panel so the guide piece is needed to lower the plate onto the sticky pad accurately!

Once on I can remove it as and when I fancy. The blade is not very light and is a substantial Aluminium extrusion.

Mine's a Spec D which is why it wasn't there to start with.
Old 06 July 2017, 06:27 PM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Ive been pondering over doing mine for a good while, first problem was getting decent and correct measurements coz found 3 or 4 write ups on how to do it on different forums and all of um were bloody different which wasn't a lot of help, plus I've gotta pluck up the courage to start drilling holes in my pride and joy
Old 06 July 2017, 06:39 PM
Jay kay
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're worried, try bonding rather than drilling. I'd be most worried about weakening the structure by putting holes into a pillar. Not sure if that being overly cautious though?
Old 06 July 2017, 06:53 PM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Ive got the bolts and rivnuts so good to go, bonding is always an option but have heard off bonded ones flying off at speed, not saying its a regular thing but it has happened b4