Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bit of advice before final remap, fuel cut/pipe collapsing.

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2017, 11:29 AM
captainlip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit of advice before final remap, fuel cut/pipe collapsing.

Having come back from andy carr remap some time ago I was getting what seems to be fuel cut on boost in 2nd - 5th, on throttle could feel slight hesitation at times between 2500 and 5500 rpm with no specific point it happening it can vary when it does and doesnt do it, and if on full throttle and I keep it planted it will completely cut and throw an EML. Since then ive put the sti tmic on, perrin induction kit and a silicone intake pipe onto the turbo. after doing this I got the turbo flutter sound on boost. Now when it cuts I the flutter sound increases and can only be described (excuse me here for the very technical description) like when you were a kid and you put your mouth over the hoover nozzle, you get that increased fluttering/flapping sound to a point there is a blockage then engine cuts power. this leads me to believe possible hose collapse, but the intake pipe off the perrin induction is pretty solid and surely it would be near impossible to be drawing so much air in that this hose could collapse.

Im due to go back to andy this month and if anyone could rule out the hose and confirm its fuel cut. but the sound seems ominous of a blockage.
Old 14 May 2017, 11:51 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

What's your coolant like after a good blast? I.e. Any bubbles in overflow
Old 14 May 2017, 12:11 PM
captainlip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
What's your coolant like after a good blast? I.e. Any bubbles in overflow
Yeah fine no issues there, Heads been redone in last 1500 miles.