Sponsored by:

Left hand drive RA?

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2017, 04:33 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Left hand drive RA?

One for the experts, were there any left hand drive RA's made, got a bloke out here in Croatia claiming to have an STI RA number 714/1000 but it's left hand drive, I thought they were all JDM RHD, so thought I'd ask on here.
Old 04 May 2017, 08:38 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to remember from many moons ago an epic build thread that involved an eastern European guy having to convert to LHD in order to get his car registered in his country.

As far as I know they all left the factory RHD.
Old 04 May 2017, 10:49 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Don't know about RA's but there is a Genuine LHD STi 5 in Switzerland, (I know I have seen it and spoken to the owner) he said it was the only LHD STi5 made and it is not road legal in Switzerland.
Old 04 May 2017, 01:27 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

seen a few threads on various forums about LHD conversions. I think there was thread about an S202 being transplanted into a US STI as well, not exactly the same but similar sort of thing.
Old 04 May 2017, 07:10 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
One for the experts, were there any left hand drive RA's made, got a bloke out here in Croatia claiming to have an STI RA number 714/1000 but it's left hand drive, I thought they were all JDM RHD, so thought I'd ask on here.

It would of left the factory RHD ditch so it'll be a conversion if the car is what he says it is
Old 04 May 2017, 07:16 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
It would of left the factory RHD ditch so it'll be a conversion if the car is what he says it is
Cool, been waiting for you to post... pretty much what I thought, but wasn't 100%... thanks guys.

Also am I right in thinking if it's an STI RA it should be 97 on and have dccd with the 180 rear diff.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 04 May 2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04 May 2017, 07:22 PM
Turbovin
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

At least on a classic you can always look on which A-pillar the antenna is. I don't think that many bother moving it to the other side.

Trending Topics

Old 04 May 2017, 07:55 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbovin
At least on a classic you can always look on which A-pillar the antenna is. I don't think that many bother moving it to the other side.
Yeah I think it's possibly a WRX RA because it has the holes in the A pillar on the right and a roof flap... but can't see the dccd wheel in the centre console... so it's been converted to LHD, and not particularly special... but still rare out here.
Old 04 May 2017, 09:34 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah I think it's possibly a WRX RA because it has the holes in the A pillar on the right and a roof flap... but can't see the dccd wheel in the centre console... so it's been converted to LHD, and not particularly special... but still rare out here.
A WRX RA did not have a roof flap in any flavour.
Old 05 May 2017, 11:28 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
A WRX RA did not have a roof flap in any flavour.
So probably added at some point... no surprise, Croatia is full of would be wide boy scammers... shame really as would have been nice if it was genuine.

Does no dccd mean it's not even an STI, I'm not much of a Subaru history buff.
Old 05 May 2017, 06:51 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

So probably added at some point... no surprise, Croatia is full of would be wide boy scammers... shame really as would have been nice if it was genuine.

Does no dccd mean it's not even an STI, I'm not much of a Subaru history buff.

As said, WRX RA didn't have a roof flap and it's not that hard to fit one. Normal 4 door STI didn't have DCCD but all STI RA's did.
What colour is the car... blue ???
Old 05 May 2017, 08:37 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Yes it's blue but not like yours, it's Sonic blue like mine, it's not got the STI rear lights either, and a crap copy high level spoiler without rear brake light, tbh it seems like it's a bit of a mix and match, and it's in a really poor state paint wise and over all condition looks very poor.

I'm just wondering what it could be seeing as it has the holes for the antenna on the right front windscreen pillar.

Any guesses welcome.
Old 05 May 2017, 10:16 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Yes it's blue but not like yours, it's Sonic blue like mine, it's not got the STI rear lights either, and a crap copy high level spoiler without rear brake light, tbh it seems like it's a bit of a mix and match, and it's in a really poor state paint wise and over all condition looks very poor.

I'm just wondering what it could be seeing as it has the holes for the antenna on the right front windscreen pillar.

Any guesses welcome.

The "STI rear lights' is just a myth... all JDM classic impreza's had clear rear lights from My97 not just the STI.

If it's 74F blue and has no DCCD then id guess it's a my99 or my00 WRX RA limited that's had a roof vent fitted. It should have blue front seats, and if it's a my00 it'll have blue clocks etc

Last edited by MattyB1983; 05 May 2017 at 10:17 PM.