Sponsored by:

Front grille removal

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2001, 11:56 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Sorry folks, quick muppetesque question...

I want to fit some radiator protector mesh to the front of my MY00. How do I remove the top grill (the section with the stars badge on)? I can see there are two holes on the top which allow you release the clips at the each end but I can't see where to go from there...

Help...........
Old 19 May 2001, 01:48 AM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simon,

Once the two "top" clips have been released, it should pull out pretty easilly. Pull the top back, slightly towards you, and then lift it up.

Before you try to re-fit it, check that the two clips have clicked back into place, you may need to help them.

Mark.
Old 19 May 2001, 10:08 AM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
simon,

took my grill off yesterday to replace horns.

had a couple of problems, like the grey carriers that the clips go into whitened and cracked.... the left clip as you look face on had one of its sprung retainers broken off too - bad news - seems that these black clips retain at the top and bottom, so see if you can get to the top and relieve a little pressure from them that way, otherwise a tube of superglue to hand is wizard. . Like Mark says though, once those 2 clips are out, so is the grille !!!, lift up slightly.

g'luck...Rob
Old 19 May 2001, 02:32 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Simon
There are two holes, one either side. Push a screwdriver down each hole to release the clips, pull the grill forward slightly to clear the clips then pull it up and out of the mounting holes (gromits) at the bottom. When replacing, push the pegs at the bottom into the rubber gromits then push the grill forward until each clip clicks into place.
I have done what you are about to do - fixed mesh at the back of the grill, am considering the bottom half next. Cheers - JohnD