Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prodrive or genome ex? Who's had both?

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2017, 05:01 PM
karlos89
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive or genome ex? Who's had both?

As title really. I have a full prodrive sportscat straight through system atm. Perfect volume for me. But have just seen a genome exhaust pop up, I know these things are rare to find. Checking on YouTube they sound a bit too raspy. But that's a video....
Ideally, im hoping someone can answer who has owned both to give me their opinion, or atleast someone who has owned a genome (with some cats taken out)
Cheers
Old 20 April 2017, 09:35 PM
stealthbomber
Scooby Regular

Had both running decat, two very different sounds. Genome is quite raspy on throttle whereas the prodrive was more of the traditional boxer sound. I did prefer the look of the prodrive tail pipe, the Genome is a big old can! If you can find a Genome, try it I'd say as you'll probably get your money back if it's a tidy one but don't pay through the nose for one. I've gone 3" now which I do like the sound of, deep but not loud RCM system, could be tempted by the H&S group a rear section though.
Old 22 April 2017, 10:33 AM
euan_r
Scooby Regular

Had both prodrive is more or less standardish, genome not too loud surprisingly for size. Mild steel hangers on stainless can though. only got rid for s202 instead.
Old 24 April 2017, 09:12 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes.
Both burble unless fitted to a twin scroll. Only at the upper RPM do the tones change, off beat for the Prodrive or a more JDM rasp for the Genome.