Sponsored by:

Took the risk and brought her home

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2017, 11:57 AM
frazdogg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the risk and brought her home

So I drove the 160 miles(originally 700 miles) round trip journey to pick up my new ride. 51 plate bug eye wrx wagon. Oh my lord she is loud and fast, the quickest i have ever driven, mind you my previous car was a standard classic wagon and this is running a carberry rom just under 300bhp.

Now i dont need any more power or noise it is crazy loud with bops and bangs mapped in by pole position, which i verified the car with before i made the journey.

I just have a Couple of questions, i noticed on the journey home under braking above 30 mph the steering wheel wobbles ever so slightly left to right. The previous owner has fitted godspeed g hook discs and kevlar pads with braided brake hoses and refurbished calipers 6 months ago and only covered less then 4000 miles. It also has bc coilovers fitted could it be a tracking problem or braking any thoughts much appreciated.

Apart from that i am a very happy man and cant wait to start enjoying the shell garage forecourt LOL. Will add pics once i have given her a good clean.
Old 13 April 2017, 12:00 PM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Congrats on your purchase, whereabouts in West Sussex are you?
Old 13 April 2017, 12:02 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

are the front arms still shod in the original rubber ?
might be worth changing those for some poly, dont worry and the ALK just poly that bush, much cheaper, and then get a decent alignment done,
while your at it changing the track rod ends isnt expensive, and doing it before the alignment is a good time.
Old 13 April 2017, 12:11 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Mine running about the same on carrberry rom. Trust me you will soon get bored and want bigger turbo and injectors post some pics up mate when you get chance
Old 13 April 2017, 12:20 PM
frazdogg
Scooby Regular

cheers guys i am between east grinstead and tunbridge wells on a weekley basis but live in felbridge. thanks for the info about the track rod ends is it a diy job or garage? i will check the front arms when i get home
Old 13 April 2017, 12:52 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i call BS!!!!

Paragraph two is a blatant lie,,,,,, you always need more power