YELLOW S202 JAPAN

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2017, 01:55 PM
scout1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YELLOW S202 JAPAN

There is a yellow S202 for sale in Japan

Would someone on here please purchase and bring to the UK?

Looks like a lovely example and as far as I can tell, the only original parts missing are the wheels.

A little pricey maybe but you pay a premium for that yellow paint.

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...ml?TRCD=200002
Old 08 March 2017, 02:27 PM
stealthbomber
Scooby Regular

I think Stu might just about be able to squeeze it on his driveway! Looks very clean.
Old 08 March 2017, 05:09 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Vast amounts of want for that. 8,900 kms! And I have to say I prefer the TE37s to the CE28s.
Old 08 March 2017, 07:00 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53
DAYMN! Needs a full Jap HPI on that to make sure it's not been played with.
I'll never ever talk to you again if you buy it.

I'd be very interested personally to know what it would cost into the UK, that's the best colour for them.
Old 08 March 2017, 07:41 PM
PT82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I'll never ever talk to you again if you buy it.

I'd be very interested personally to know what it would cost into the UK, that's the best colour for them.
Going from what it's for sale over in Japan for and what i'm paying for mine, i would say 25- 30k

Last edited by PT82; 08 March 2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08 March 2017, 11:15 PM
PT82
Scooby Regular

Get yours wrapped in that colour

edit: just saw that you said yours has less than 9000kms so maybe a waste of money as it seems you never use it lol

Last edited by PT82; 08 March 2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09 March 2017, 05:35 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's nice and I do like them... especially in yellow... but I wouldn't want to own it... or any 'Special car' for that matter, as I wouldn't be able to enjoy it... I'd always have it in the back of my mind that I need to take it easy so as not to wreck it... where's the fun in that... sooner have a modded Bug STI and rag the 4r$e off it without a care in the world... and still have a large wad of cash left over to fix it when it breaks.
Old 10 March 2017, 03:42 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly the opposite, all the Special cars can be driven properly with out the rear of breaking them...it's what they were built for
Old 10 March 2017, 03:53 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
Exactly the opposite, all the Special cars can be driven properly with out the rear of breaking them...it's what they were built for
It was more directed at crashing it hence my saying "wreck"... engines, gearboxes can be fixed... but crash barrier at 130mph or sticking it on it's roof... I'd be gutted at £25/30k where as £6/7k for a Bug STI it's not such a big deal.

Horses for courses, but I have more fun in cheap 500 quid bangers than just about anything else, warp speed is over rated and nasty when it goes wrong.
Old 10 March 2017, 07:32 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
It was more directed at crashing it hence my saying "wreck"... engines, gearboxes can be fixed... but crash barrier at 130mph or sticking it on it's roof... I'd be gutted at £25/30k where as £6/7k for a Bug STI it's not such a big deal.

Horses for courses, but I have more fun in cheap 500 quid bangers than just about anything else, warp speed is over rated and nasty when it goes wrong.
There's truth in that but it depends on one's budget of course.
Don't buy something that you can't afford to fix.
Then again it doesn't mean that you drive more irresponsibly when you drive a cheap car does it?
A car is to be driven not parked in the garage as you say.

Last edited by fpan; 10 March 2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10 March 2017, 11:15 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

£23k landed.
Old 11 March 2017, 05:46 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
£23k landed.
And that's just the beginning... Alarm, remap, underseal, full fluids and cambelt, new tyres... maybe a full detail... easily sink another couple of grand into it... before we get to the part about all the rubbers and mounts being 15yrs old... it's going to be a right little money pit for the first 6 months... more so if you don't DIY.
Old 11 March 2017, 05:58 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fpan
There's truth in that but it depends on one's budget of course.
Don't buy something that you can't afford to fix.
Then again it doesn't mean that you drive more irresponsibly when you drive a cheap car does it?
A car is to be driven not parked in the garage as you say.
Originally Posted by 53
That is a risk with anyone's pride and joy. All that time effort and money only to be written off by some duffer. Buy it and enjoy it, you're a long time dead, enjoy it in the moment not for what it might be worth or not worth on how you use it.
Agree with both of you.

I'm too mature for irresponsible driving... did that when I was a lad in the 80's when there were a lot less cars on the road... thankfully.

It's a personal thing I suppose, a bit like owning a 22B or Cosworth, it's not just about the money... although that is still a big part of it, because I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but the iconic status of such cars makes me feel a certain amount of responsibility not to bin it... so I'd go easy on it and probably only polish it and pootle about in it.
Old 11 March 2017, 08:51 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
£23k landed.
As nice as it may look that's just madness.
Old 11 March 2017, 09:08 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

As nice as it may look that's just madness.
Even more so when you consider there's a Bug Spec C RA at Scooby Clinic for just shy of £14k and it's registered etc... but again that's still twice the price of a Bug STI.... not too sure either are 2/3 and a half times the car... out in the real world.
Old 11 March 2017, 09:31 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Even more so when you consider there's a Bug Spec C RA at Scooby Clinic for just shy of £14k and it's registered etc... but again that's still twice the price of a Bug STI.... not too sure either are 2/3 and a half times the car... out in the real world.
^This.
I drive a modified 500 Abarth (KW v3s, Quaife, Brembos) and was curious to test drive the new 180 Competizione.
The salesman called me a few days later and I told him that after the initial excitement wore of, the new car (costing x3 more than what they wanted to pay for mine as a part-ex) wasn't a x3 better car. Needless to say I didn't receive any reply.
It's great when with a "shed" you can have as much fun, if not more, and be faster on bends compared with someone that drives a x5 more expensive car, especially on track

Last edited by fpan; 11 March 2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11 March 2017, 10:02 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

^This.
I drive a modified 500 Abarth (KW v3s, Quaife, Brembos) and was curious to test drive the new 180 Competizione.
The salesman called me a few days later and I told him that after the initial excitement wore of, the new car (costing x3 more than what they wanted to pay for mine as a part-ex) wasn't a x3 better car. Needless to say I didn't receive any reply.
It's great when with a "shed" you can have as much fun, if not more, and be faster on bends compared with someone that drives a x5 more expensive car, especially on track
Yep which is why I drive around in a MK1 Golf diesel these days... it's an event every time I get into it. And probably why I'll never own something like an S202, 22B or Spec C etc.... baring a VERY large injection of FREE cash into my back account... and I'd still probably think long and hard before any such purchase... tight wad.