ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Brake pad change...

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2017, 01:39 PM
David26
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pad change...

Do pads have a minimum limit marker on them so you can tell when they need to be changed? Not sure what pads they are but can't decide if they are looking abit thin...🤔
I have a blob sti with the standard brembo calipers and noticed when driving out of a car park this morning with my window open that my brakes make a light clicking noise when applied?!

Any ideas please??

Thanks
Old 24 February 2017, 05:47 PM
john_d
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David26
Do pads have a minimum limit marker on them so you can tell when they need to be changed? Not sure what pads they are but can't decide if they are looking abit thin...🤔
I have a blob sti with the standard brembo calipers and noticed when driving out of a car park this morning with my window open that my brakes make a light clicking noise when applied?!

Any ideas please??

Thanks
some pads have a metal tab which rubs against the disc and sounds horrid lol
Old 24 February 2017, 06:29 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I've got a Hawk STi with Brembo calipers.
Fronts on mine are fine, but I've got Blueprint discs on the rear and Ferodo pads on the rear.
I get a clunking from the rear. I hate it. It's harmless enough, it's just where the pads move up and then down - probably around 1.5mm in the rear calipers.
I feel your pain dude!

Have heard of the fronts doing it aswell, but mine are ok - Brembo discs and pads.
Brembo pads have the metal tab and when it touches the disc...you'll soon know about it (screeching sound), but never let mine get that low.

I tried copper slip on the rear pads, it helped for a day. Clonk soon returned.
I get it when I'm reversing, braking, and then moving forwards again. I thought my rear diff was on it's way out, but it's just a slight bit of pad play that's all.

That'll teach me to go cheap!!!!