Sponsored by:

Speed camera detector

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2017, 02:13 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speed camera detector

Can anyone recommend a speed camera detector please? Got done by a mobile speed camera/van and was only just over the limit FFS!
Old 29 January 2017, 02:30 PM
Dblock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know of a lot them work. I used to use waze a lot. It's not a detector but people can add where there is a mobile speed camera.

That sucks though.
Old 29 January 2017, 09:50 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

In Wales they post there locations everyday. Or simply don't speed and avoid the sh@t storm of comments.

http://gosafe.org
Old 30 January 2017, 11:12 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

unless you know a scamera van is there you are screwed , they pick you up upto 1.5 miles away , a detector is too late if you pick it up they have already clocked you , a cheap detector is inforad no subscription but only picks up fixed spots i.e. if a camera van is at the same spot or a fixed camera , there are illegal ways of jamming them but that just gets you into more trouble , can't really win and it's only getting worse , hopefully a course rather than a ticket ?
Old 30 January 2017, 02:48 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S204Darren
Can anyone recommend a speed camera detector please? Got done by a mobile speed camera/van and was only just over the limit FFS!
Snooper S2000 - Not sure how good they are Darren but were heavily advertised when first came out. I'll be selling mine pretty cheap soon, as don't use and think I took it out the original box three times as started to get train to work
Old 30 January 2017, 04:14 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

remove your front plate
Old 30 January 2017, 04:55 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

plate comment lol , or just don't speed ? but on a serious note even more so don't speed at all if you don't know the area but you can even get done when you know the area as the vans are moved around a fair bit

Trending Topics

Old 02 February 2017, 07:03 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Snoopers have always worked for me, iirc they pick up the signals from the camers so will tell you when ones close by, the only issue i think youll have is if its one of the coppers hiding in the bush that jump out on ya at the last minute, whether it senses one of them i dont know.
Old 02 February 2017, 07:32 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Could try one of those laser jammers..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...jammer-3533679

And use a defence of ignorance if you get caught.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...mously-7127127
Old 02 February 2017, 08:16 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

snooper good for a fixed site , any laser gun or scamera van has clocked your speed before you can react unless you know they are there or are not speeding , if not then you are screwed
Old 03 February 2017, 12:31 AM
Mark10sti
Scooby Regular

I use a talex which detects everything I've needed up to now
Old 03 February 2017, 12:38 AM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

I honestly don't see the need to have one. It's common knowledge where most hotspots are in your local area. If you don't know the area then drive sensibly.
If you want to rip the **** out your car then do a track day
Old 03 February 2017, 08:43 AM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnlogie
I honestly don't see the need to have one. It's common knowledge where most hotspots are in your local area. If you don't know the area then drive sensibly.
If you want to rip the **** out your car then do a track day
That's the problem John, when you're driving round the Country you don't 'know all the hotspots' and get caught so easily just over the limit (not ripping the **** out of it.... lol)

The easy answer is to stay within the speed limit, but when your out and about all day driving, that's easier said than done and why the Police make so much money out of these mobile units
Old 03 February 2017, 09:31 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to have one, bell 3000 euro (or something like that) well still got it actually, can be a bit irritating though, probably more so these days... as they go off for all sorts of stuff like traffic master for instance and no doubt the plethora of cameras around all cities, mine used to almost constantly beep in town... to the point of just turning it off.

Any decent realtime / subscription / up dateable sat nav should take care of all the fixed ones and known mobile locations, my 8/9yr old navman still does a decent job on any known locations all across Europe and will let me know when I go over the limit anywhere...beeps and flashes the speed limit on the screen... which I find far less irritating and more use than the Bell euro.

Lazer jammer or as it's other use garage door opener apparently worked well (but I wouldn't know anything about that personally) before the old bill knew what they were and made a big fuss about them in around 2005 and it became an offence (obstructing an officer) and you could no longer plead ignorance/ forgot to switch it off... I think they made quite a nasty example of a few people... so they're a bit of a non starter, as who wants to go to jail for the sake of 60 quid and 3 points, or at the very least be dragged through the courts and hit with a hefty fine.
Old 03 February 2017, 10:25 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

the government make money not the police , i can understand not knowing a speed limit of an area if you have not been there before, so best thing to do is drive even slower till you know what it is , i like to accelerate up to speed quick but don't travel too fast , if i don't know an area i travel like an old fart would , i think there is a iphone app that tells you the posted speed limit , but i can assure if there is a laser speed trap or a scamera van they will clock your speed long before you can do any thing
Old 05 February 2017, 09:09 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

buy one of these, great for a digital speedo too...
https://www.roadangelgroup.com/shop/
Old 05 February 2017, 09:17 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
Could try one of those laser jammers..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...jammer-3533679

And use a defence of ignorance if you get caught.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...mously-7127127
Masons.