ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Std recirc bov

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2016, 10:54 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Std recirc bov

I think I'm losing my marbles.....but.......

Is there anyway for a std bov to make any noise that you can actually hear???

I took the forge vta bov off and stuck the std one back on, and this morning whilst driving the car I thought i heard it but just faintly......but I soon decided it was me imagining it because I had been driving with the forge one for a bit.

But whilst driving home tonight I'm sure I can hear it its feckin doing something

Is it even possible? Any reason why it would? It's connected up properly, no boost is lost etc etc so **** knows.
Old 30 December 2016, 02:17 AM
Evansawd
Scooby Regular

Do you have shorterror than standard intake/ de-resonated intake etc. I have standard recirc dv but have the apexi power intake with no resonator chamber and it sounds just as sweet and just as chav tastic as any vta dv lol. Sounds a lot more subtle mind.
Old 30 December 2016, 11:21 AM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Evansawd
Do you have shorterror than standard intake/ de-resonated intake etc. I have standard recirc dv but have the apexi power intake with no resonator chamber and it sounds just as sweet and just as chav tastic as any vta dv lol. Sounds a lot more subtle mind.
Intake pipe from turbo? It's fitted with a Prodrive pipe but I have no clue about anything else. Problem is, I can't remember if it made that noise or the noise I think I'm hearing before I fitted the vta bov.....the std one was on for a while before I stuck the chavtastic one on.