Sponsored by:

New here - Shipping Car to UK

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2016, 03:58 AM
_kendalll
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here - Shipping Car to UK

Hi! Sorry in advance if this has already been asked, I tried searching but couldn't find anything...

I was wondering if anyone in here has shipped their car from the US to the UK? I'm prolly going to be getting a job there and I'm starting to look into the process. It's a 2016 STI and I really don't want to part with it. So far I've seen that I would need to convert the headlights and get a rear fog light installed. Also, this is prolly a really stupid question, but would tuners in the UK be familiar with working w/US Spec?
Old 14 November 2016, 09:09 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For the amount it will probably cost I think you'll be better off parting with it or putting it into storage if you can afford to / if it means that much to you.

Also once you get it here isn't it left hand drive? if so then we have right hand drive over here so it's a bit of a pain when overtaking, that said I drove right hand drive cars in Europe for the past 12yrs, also if you decide you want to sell here or ship back to Hawaii then that will also be expensive and a pain to do.

Don't mean to be rude, but it's not that 'special' of a car to go through the expense of doing all that, Also with a bag full of cash there are so many more interesting Subarus you can buy here such as all the JDM versions, let alone other Japanese Domestic Market cars you could have, Skylines, Evo's, Supra's to name a few, maybe even buy something worth shipping back to Hawaii.
Old 14 November 2016, 10:22 AM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

as above, sell it and buy a new one here. shipping cost, wrong side steering wheel etc
Old 14 November 2016, 10:11 PM
_kendalll
Scooby Newbie

Yeah it seems like it would be a bit of a hassle to bring it. Thanks for the advice!!!
Old 15 November 2016, 05:34 PM
Richardb1285
Scooby Newbie

I shipped my 16 WRX here, but my job paid for it. When I was still in the states I put in the stock fog lights and the f1 rear fog. Once it got here they just adjusted the lights and it was good to go.
Old 15 November 2016, 06:32 PM
_kendalll
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Richardb1285
I shipped my 16 WRX here, but my job paid for it. When I was still in the states I put in the stock fog lights and the f1 rear fog. Once it got here they just adjusted the lights and it was good to go.
Oh wow that's pretty simple. Thanks!!!