Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info on Black 2003 STi KU53 YHO?

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2016, 11:01 AM
I-am-Cos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info on Black 2003 STi KU53 YHO?

Hi,

After nearly 8 years of 2005 WRX ownership I decided last year to sell to buy something a little more economical. However, it was soon apparent that I missed the old girl & decided I needed another.

So a couple of months ago I purchased a 2003 STi from Hurst Cars in Bedford. She has a comprehensive service history from Slip End Subaru & remains pretty much standard apart from some BC’s. She was purchased with a known gearbox fault, (the usual crunching selecting 5th gear, so was discounted because of this – something I still need to resolve, but driving ‘around’ the problem until I get the money together to get a rebuild). I have to say dealing with Max at Hurst was an absolute pleasure – he has some very nice motors in stock.

I did write to the previous owner (7 years of ownership from a Luton address) but unfortunately haven’t received a reply. I don’t feel that putting his name on an open forum would be the correct thing to do.

So, does anyone have any info on my latest acquisition?

Black 2003 STi Type UK Reg: KU53 YHO (now on private plate).

Thanks in advance
Old 22 October 2016, 11:21 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Put the new details in here.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status
Old 22 October 2016, 11:30 AM
I-am-Cos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply, but I was really hoping that someone on here might recognise the car reg & give me some 'real world' feedback as it were. Maybe it was owned by a member or a friend of a member?

I had already checked out the online history before I purchased & that all came back good. Apart from the gearbox issued mentioned, there's nothing wrong with the car at all - I'd just like to know if it's been on a dyno, had any engine work that I'm not aware of, or any other relevant info really.

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Put the new details in here.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status