Sponsored by:

Advise on earlier models

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2016, 08:10 PM
richardr33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise on earlier models

Hi guys, I've been looking for a JDM bugeye spec-c for a few months now, I've been to see 3 and they have all been rubbish, turned up and people seem to think because you have tralleved you will buy it, not as decribed, full of crap, so on and so on. I am looking at earlier models like the version 5, year 1999, wrx type-RA, or the sti-RA, I need it to be as light as possible so this is why I am looking at these models, I will be using as a track car, and a little road use. What are the engines like with a remap filter and exhaust, I am more bothered about how it handles really, how strong are they? Will it likely to blow up, I've heard so many bad storys about Impreza's thats why I've never had one. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks Richard
Old 27 September 2016, 09:08 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Richard,

I have owned a MY 97 WRX RA and it was brilliant, it felt alive and lacked the creature comforts that came with the STi version which is a quirk I genuinely liked, the stripped back feel which was excellent.

The car was only let down by the woeful front brakes which I upgraded. It is also one of the lightest Impreza's at 1190 kgs, which mated to a close ratio box and 280 bhp was something else.

http://www.type-ra.com/subaru-impreza-my97-wrx-type-ra/

Have a look on the www.type-ra.com website for all things RA or Spec C related, the knowledge is beyond reproach.