Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody know this Spec-C please?

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2016, 04:13 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know this Spec-C please?

Hello everyone!

After a period of no-Scoob, I once again find myself at the point of purchase of a 3rd (previously had Type R in 2004-05 and got rid of my Wodetrack Type UK PPP last year). Anyway, I've put a deposit on a Spec-C in my ideal colour at a 'sort of' garage in Buckinghamshire and wondered if anybody knew of it please? I have searched online for hours, and unusually, I can't find any mention of it prior to it being advertised for sale now.

It's ultra low miles at 14k, and was previously living in or around Snodland, Kent I believe but found it's way into the Country via the North from what I can gather. Any help would be really appreciated! The funny thing is, it has a bonnet with aero latches EXACTLY the same as one being sold at the moment at Clives Performance. Not sure if it came in via there and aero latches are their signature touch or if I am just being paranoid...?

**EDITED to say, it may have ran private plates previously...**

Thanks

Russ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	21486   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l16003.jpg
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	21487  

Last edited by RussBoy; 22 September 2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 22 September 2016, 04:36 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Boot lid looks to have been replace by an STi one. Also, reg plate hangers on rear bumper are missing. I would carefully check inside the boot behind the carpet in case it has been rear ended.
Old 22 September 2016, 04:47 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Boot lid looks to have been replace by an STi one. Also, reg plate hangers on rear bumper are missing. I would carefully check inside the boot behind the carpet in case it has been rear ended.
Thanks for that. I had it HPI's and had an AA check on it yesterday. It has had some form of whack, which seems relatively minor on rear nearside as filler and a welded patch of about 2" square was found. I knocked the seller another £750 on that basis...

As a Spec C it has no boot trim so I'd have hoped this would have been an obvious spot for an AA approved inspector?
Old 22 September 2016, 05:08 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RussBoy
Thanks for that. I had it HPI's and had an AA check on it yesterday. It has had some form of whack, which seems relatively minor on rear nearside as filler and a welded patch of about 2" square was found. I knocked the seller another £750 on that basis...

As a Spec C it has no boot trim so I'd have hoped this would have been an obvious spot for an AA approved inspector?
Ah yes forgot the Spec C has no carpet in the boot so any problems should be easy to see.

Depending on how long it has been in the country also check under the car for underseal. Jap cars arrive with no underseal. A few winters here and the bottom will be rotten without some protection.
Old 22 September 2016, 05:14 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Ah yes forgot the Spec C has no carpet in the boot so any problems should be easy to see.

Depending on how long it has been in the country also check under the car for underseal. Jap cars arrive with no underseal. A few winters here and the bottom will be rotten without some protection.
Yep, had that checked too. Spec C's are never actually undersealed (because of the weight reduction) and apart from a little surface rust which seems reasonably easy to deal with on the arms etc, it looks pretty sound. Fairly sure it has probably spent a fair ammount indoors...

Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions. Always worth a double/triple proof check for me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600A.jpg
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	21488