Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What's hawk spec d sti like

What is the hawkeye spec d sti like compared to blobeye sti
Old 26 August 2016, 10:27 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About the best value for money out there.

A mapped spec d is a superb drive, great throttle response etc from the 2.5 avcs and a more refined car than a blob sti. Always said if I go newage again it'll be a spec d.

You'll get the usual bs about needing to forge a 2.5 etc but I know of 2 that are running entry level mods (decat, tgv deletes, decent panel filter, map) for 20,000+ miles with no issues. Ally radiator is also worth considering.

Helped a mate buy this one 6 months ago, extensive history from reputable places (rcm, prosport etc), 89k, tgv deletes, secondary air pump delete + map, absolute steal at £6250 and doing him proud ever since.

Old 26 August 2016, 10:32 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ringland and headgasket i know about i have owned 2 wrx 2 blob uk sti 1blob jdm sti really like the look of spec d subtle
Old 27 August 2016, 05:52 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I got mine from Falkirk just over 4 years ago. HG's went last year, so got mine fully forged at Subaru 4 You and mapped by Bob Rawle.
They are very stealthy in as much that most people think they are a WRX. Leather is nice, mine still smells fresh.

Spec D's rarely get talked about really which I think is a shame...they only made 300 of these, far more limited than some other models, but these seem to escape the radar. They aren't numbered, just a B-pillar sticker.

No tints, no big spoiler, black carpets / door cards, leather.....people may just find them a bit boring, but at 41 years young, I like it's fairly subtle appearance.

To the untrained eye out on the road, most people won't notice that it's widetrack, and will judge the car by it's spoiler.

Nice though when I can happily keep up with a Golf R DSG....it's a WRX mate.....honest
Old 27 August 2016, 08:53 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
I got mine from Falkirk just over 4 years ago. HG's went last year, so got mine fully forged at Subaru 4 You and mapped by Bob Rawle.
They are very stealthy in as much that most people think they are a WRX. Leather is nice, mine still smells fresh.

Spec D's rarely get talked about really which I think is a shame...they only made 300 of these, far more limited than some other models, but these seem to escape the radar. They aren't numbered, just a B-pillar sticker.

No tints, no big spoiler, black carpets / door cards, leather.....people may just find them a bit boring, but at 41 years young, I like it's fairly subtle appearance.

To the untrained eye out on the road, most people won't notice that it's widetrack, and will judge the car by it's spoiler.

Nice though when I can happily keep up with a Golf R DSG....it's a WRX mate.....honest
Yeah what he said ^^ thanks for that, saves me a load of typing

Even rarer now as quite a few have been broken there are 2 on the first page of cars for spares section as we speak

S
Old 27 August 2016, 10:30 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Owned the PPP version which is basically an RB320 in sheep's clothing.
Genuinely fast car which handles amazingly, you can iron out bends at speeds that would kill you in a normal car.

Really funny when it's mistaken for a lowly WRX.

Has the same 2.5 issues they all have unfortunately, however.
Old 27 August 2016, 12:12 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

I loved mine, such a class looking car. And such value for money
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150517_163631.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	21354