Alarm questions

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2016, 06:12 PM
StueyBII
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm questions

Hi,

So I finally got the transponder PCB to replace the failed spare ket PCB. I came to try reprogramming and ran into some issues...

The sigma alarm manual tells me to sit in the car with engine off and alarm de-activated. It states that I should enter **AAAA where A is the pin code. The manual states at this point it should beep. I get no horn sound or anything.

Therefore two questions:

1) On a WRX 2007 does it beep when you enter your pin code and is it subtle enough ot miss ?

2) I assume the code written on the owners manual is incorrect if question 1 is true. Has anyone tried this reset on an 07 wrx ?

I suppose one last question is that given a working remote how difficult is it to reset the pin if that guide doesn't work? I dont want to risk my working remote messing about. What sort of prices mam I looking at for dealer reset ?
Old 01 June 2016, 07:56 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StueyBII
Hi,

So I finally got the transponder PCB to replace the failed spare ket PCB. I came to try reprogramming and ran into some issues...

The sigma alarm manual tells me to sit in the car with engine off and alarm de-activated. It states that I should enter **AAAA where A is the pin code. The manual states at this point it should beep. I get no horn sound or anything.

Therefore two questions:

1) On a WRX 2007 does it beep when you enter your pin code and is it subtle enough ot miss ?

2) I assume the code written on the owners manual is incorrect if question 1 is true. Has anyone tried this reset on an 07 wrx ?

I suppose one last question is that given a working remote how difficult is it to reset the pin if that guide doesn't work? I dont want to risk my working remote messing about. What sort of prices mam I looking at for dealer reset ?
with a few of my previous questions regarding alarms.... check fuses and for gods sake check connections. with my classic it turned out to be the sodding link fuse which which was an easy fix with hd speaker wire.
As for obvious, batteries in fob, door boot and bonnet switches, plus the always missed sensor wiring.

Alarms always have been and always will be a cow. My last resort was to pull the negative off the battery and tap it back on a few times and bingo.

there is bound to be somebody with a waaaaay better answer than mine but thats my four penneth lol best of luck friend
Old 01 June 2016, 08:10 PM
Smithys STI
Scooby Regular

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by StueyBII
Hi,

Therefore two questions:

Arm and disarm the alarm using the good key then type in *17856*91*2# then you should get hear a beep, then press one of the key buttons it will beep then press the other one this will also beep.
Both should now be coded.