Notices

sigma alarm died and been removed

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2016, 11:33 PM
mad4mp3z
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sigma alarm died and been removed

hi all my sigma alarm died a couple weeks back, nothing worked, not the fob or the pin code, the main brain behind the glove box had died, i know some one who works at the local Subaru garage, he came round to mine and removed the unit, car starts, perfect but the central locking does not it was getting late and dark so i told him to leave it at that, i have a load of loose wires the obviously corrispond to different things on the car sensors etc, i was wondering if any kind person on here could give me advice as to what to connect to get the central locking back, im going to be buying an alarm for it to replace the now non-existant one im not shy to wiring if i have an idea of what is needing done, and im intending on installing the alarm myself, so if anyone had as a wiring diagram that they could P.M. me that would be greatly appreciated, dont like the thought of her sitting outside unarmed,

Thanks
Old 24 March 2016, 06:56 PM
mad4mp3z
Scooby Newbie

forgot to mention its an sti prodrive 02 bug eye if i got pictures of the loom im left with would that be of any use at all??

thanks
Old 24 March 2016, 07:26 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Any reason not to ask the person who started the job if they couldn't finish it ?
Old 25 March 2016, 12:54 AM
mad4mp3z
Scooby Newbie

spoke to him today and he got the info to get the central locking working again so hes going to pop up get that sorted, the diagram is so i can fit the alarm knowing what wire does what in the loom behing the dash, eg door/bonnet/boot sensors central locking, fuel pump etc,

thanks for the reply
Old 25 March 2016, 12:27 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Insurance might not like an alarm not fitted by a professional as the necessary paperwork has to be filled in.
Old 26 March 2016, 05:17 PM
mad4mp3z
Scooby Newbie

thats very true, probably bes to leave it to the pro's then thx anyways
Old 29 March 2016, 04:16 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad4mp3z
hi all my sigma alarm died a couple weeks back, nothing worked, not the fob or the pin code, the main brain behind the glove box had died, i know some one who works at the local Subaru garage, he came round to mine and removed the unit, car starts, perfect but the central locking does not it was getting late and dark so i told him to leave it at that, i have a load of loose wires the obviously corrispond to different things on the car sensors etc, i was wondering if any kind person on here could give me advice as to what to connect to get the central locking back, im going to be buying an alarm for it to replace the now non-existant one im not shy to wiring if i have an idea of what is needing done, and im intending on installing the alarm myself, so if anyone had as a wiring diagram that they could P.M. me that would be greatly appreciated, dont like the thought of her sitting outside unarmed,

Thanks
Had same problem on my old bugeye. I just removed the alarm box. Central locking worked fine. They have an internal battery that has a lifespan of around 10years.
Old 29 March 2016, 05:16 PM
mad4mp3z
Scooby Newbie

Hi its been removed, but no central locking and obviously no button as the system is gone, iv ordered a new alarm system for it and am getting a copy of the immobilizer / alarm wiring diagram from someone at subaru so soon all shall be resolved very soon]

Thanks