Sponsored by:

De capped reflowed top feed injectors... who's got them

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2016, 03:09 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default De capped reflowed top feed injectors... who's got them

I was advised that there not that good, I think I was told its some thing to do with the spray pattern but was a while back so cannot be to sure hence thread...

I'm gonna be needing injectors very soon but at £400 vs half that for reflowed I thought I'd ask the question who's running them and are they reliable.

I'll be running in the region of 420 so thinking 800-850cc will be best suited to my requirement and give me alittle headroom..

Thoughts
Old 30 May 2016, 03:29 PM
Dan_RA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz
I was advised that there not that good, I think I was told its some thing to do with the spray pattern but was a while back so cannot be to sure hence thread...

I'm gonna be needing injectors very soon but at £400 vs half that for reflowed I thought I'd ask the question who's running them and are they reliable.

I'll be running in the region of 420 so thinking 800-850cc will be best suited to my requirement and give me alittle headroom..

Thoughts
Off the shelf 750cc will do that easily, i run decapped reflowed myself with no issues at 430, have a look at http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=41440
Old 30 May 2016, 03:45 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Was advised by Bob Rawle to avoid them due to them not being great so I went for asnu injectors as there a uk company and very well priced
Old 30 May 2016, 04:11 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by domino46
Was advised by Bob Rawle to avoid them due to them not being great so I went for asnu injectors as there a uk company and very well priced
Yes this.

Hit and miss spray pattern, not as reliable or as closely matched as "proper" I je tors.

I would only use deastchwerks or ansu
Old 30 May 2016, 05:32 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Got the same 'don't touch 'em' advice from Bob Rawle, got ID 850 injectors which he approves of, not cheap though.
Old 30 May 2016, 06:18 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, not worth the risk as you can never garuntee correct flow and don't always give the exact cc given unless fresh from testing, can be rubbish on idle too.
Old 31 May 2016, 05:18 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Yes, not worth the risk as you can never garuntee correct flow and don't always give the exact cc given unless fresh from testing, can be rubbish on idle too.
Tbh normal injectors can also vary, so if you had a matched set at some point then I don't think this specific point counts against reflowed/decapped injectors.

I have a set of reflowed injectors by lateral performance, and I'm definitely going to test them before spunking lots of money on new injectors.

Trending Topics

Old 31 May 2016, 05:45 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Got some lateral modded 850s in mine and they seem to work ok
Old 31 May 2016, 06:57 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
Tbh normal injectors can also vary, so if you had a matched set at some point then I don't think this specific point counts against reflowed/decapped injectors.

I have a set of reflowed injectors by lateral performance, and I'm definitely going to test them before spunking lots of money on new injectors.
Well known tested injectors are good for a reason, ansu, IDs, nismos, deatchworks etc etc
Old 31 May 2016, 07:21 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Well known tested injectors are good for a reason, ansu, IDs, nismos, deatchworks etc etc
True, but it's only a couple of years since decapped injectors were regularly used as an alternative (probably because the available selection was smaller back then), and I don't believe that decapped ones have suddenly become worse since then.

Perhaps there are now better alternatives on the market, but they certainly come at a big price increase, so everyone has to make their own mind up as to if the increase in price is worth it.

Personally, I will try the ones I have on the shelf (should be able to get the car started within a month or so), and if it works out, great. If not, I'll get something else for more money.
Old 31 May 2016, 07:57 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
True, but it's only a couple of years since decapped injectors were regularly used as an alternative (probably because the available selection was smaller back then), and I don't believe that decapped ones have suddenly become worse since then.

Perhaps there are now better alternatives on the market, but they certainly come at a big price increase, so everyone has to make their own mind up as to if the increase in price is worth it.

Personally, I will try the ones I have on the shelf (should be able to get the car started within a month or so), and if it works out, great. If not, I'll get something else for more money.
If you are getting them tested/cleaned etc they they should be fine for making power etc, you can't garuntee idle though, hence why some mappers don't like modified injectors.
I thought about buying some modded ones, but then need to be sent off for cleaning/testing etc, you're not far off buying branded ones.
Too much to risk buying twice so spend once is my motto (touch wood)
Old 31 May 2016, 09:58 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

What have you decided on crazy speed ?
Old 01 June 2016, 09:04 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

There are apparently two problems with de-capped injectors: a) there is no guarantee of the quality of the spray pattern; b) There is little chance of de-capped injectors being flow matched.

My set of de-caps (which have gone in the bin) had serious flow problems even after professional cleaning, with the worst one 15% down on the best. This a pretty grim result considering that the best injectors will be matched to within 1% of each other. Poor idling was the least of the problems and the new IDs have transformed the car.
Old 01 June 2016, 09:41 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
There are apparently two problems with de-capped injectors: a) there is no guarantee of the quality of the spray pattern; b) There is little chance of de-capped injectors being flow matched.

My set of de-caps (which have gone in the bin) had serious flow problems even after professional cleaning, with the worst one 15% down on the best. This a pretty grim result considering that the best injectors will be matched to within 1% of each other. Poor idling was the least of the problems and the new IDs have transformed the car.
I'm a bit worried now.
Where's the best place to get proper ones from?
Old 01 June 2016, 10:07 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazney101
I'm a bit worried now.
Engine tuner do good prices on deastchwerks. Or as performance
Old 01 June 2016, 10:09 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazney101
I'm a bit worried now.

There's plenty of on-line info on ID, Asnu etc. Alyn at ASPerformance sorted IDs for me at a good price. De-capped injectors are cheaper for a good reason.
Old 01 June 2016, 12:29 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Cheers fellas
Old 02 June 2016, 11:06 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
What have you decided on crazy speed ?
Well tbh atm it comes down to cost and I was seriously considering
The reflowed. But as most as you have pointed out by cheap but twice
So I may have to wait and then go with either the deatchwerks or ids
If I had the choice then obviously I would go straight for the proper injectors
Just £400+ seems a lot.... But if I have problems with reflowed then Im only gonna have to buy the proper ones anyhow so makes sense to just buy them
In the first place..