Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

2016 mirrorlink , any tech people help ??

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2016, 03:03 PM
4evascoob
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Default 2016 mirrorlink , any tech people help ??

hi all , so I'm trying to get my mirror link to work on my wrx sti , my phone Expedia z3 is equipped with the mirrorlink system and I thought you just connect via usb hit the mirrorlink app and wat to go but it seems not !! , so has anyone else have this problem or does anyone know how to do it , when it comes to tech please treat me like an idiot !! , the starliink works fine via Bluetooth tho it's not really worth a wa$k but don't understand the rest not sure if it's even for the uk market ??
Thanks in advance.
Old 02 May 2016, 04:47 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Anything about it in your Owners Manual??

Do a google search and you will find lots of problems listed for it, the main one being a mismatch of versions between HU and phone.

not necessarily your problem but........

In order for your phone to work with the Mirrorlink function in your vehicle, it must be running Mirrorlink version 1.0., which is the version found in the Subaru head-unit. For these phones you may also have to install the gateway app, like Drive Link, on the phone. Without this app, compatible Mirrorlink devices won't work. This app is what allows connectivity to the available apps maintained by the Mirrorlink consortium. Once installed, you can see and access the apps offered and maintained by Mirrorlink. Here’s the link for users of android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .scm&hl=en.

You can also check for Mirrorlink approved devices and the versions that they are running by visiting http://www.mirrorlink.com .On the home page click on Device Developers/Certified Product Listing.

The latest version of Mirrorlink is version 1.1. This version is not backwards compatible with version 1.0. Subaru engineers are looking into the option of offering a possible update to the current Mirrorlink version found in our vehicles. Such an upgrade may be possible as a firmware update, and we hope to be able to offer this feature in the near future.
http://www.mirrorlink.com/
Old 02 May 2016, 06:43 PM
4evascoob
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks mate , will look into it